Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

Default GML preamp

I just wanted to report that I needed 4 more preamp channels and while I was planning on buying a hardy, I got a really good deal on a gml and I am really impressed. Everything sounds stunning through it. The schoeps are so good it is scary but the best part, and really the reason I'm posting about this, is that my re15's have never sounded so good. My other pres are the built in pres of the prism Orpheus and they're very good, but the level of detail that the gml is able to resolve is quite noticeable and the difference not very subtle. I am surprised that the re15's through the gml can resolve as much detail as they are, and I didn't know you could improve upon the sound of the schoeps, but they too have a very noticeable improvement in resolution.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

Makes sense and good to know. And as I have discovered from emailing with Nate, these are the "old" GML designs. The same model as the four I have and I've been talking about all these years.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] billy@MIX.COM is offline

Ty Ford writes:

Makes sense and good to know. And as I have discovered from
emailing with Nate, these are the "old" GML designs. The same
model as the four I have and I've been talking about all these
years.

The design is from the 1970s. I've yet to see (hear, heh)
anything better. Not to mention I don't think better is even
possible.

One thing that came up with the advent of digital recording is
the 48 volt inverter George used for phantom power runs at 17kHz
and thus gets recorded. I use Schoeps mics, which are fine at
28v, and power them from the positive supply rail.

Billy Y..
--
sub #'9+1 ,r0 ; convert ascii byte
add #9.+1 ,r0 ; to an integer