Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Mastering TOO Loud

One of my favorite (1970) songs by Tyrone Davis. Seems the actual master tape was discovered, hence the longer (previously unpublished) fade. I'm GUESSING this was supposed to be the ALBUM version. I mean, if you remixed, why fade so soon? Sadly, like KMA dude even doesn't like, I believe, some brick-walling of sound (waveform damage). I knew I could add some valued key frequencies, re-size max. amplitude, and away went the brick-wall waveform look. Marvelous! Sadly, the RMS value was already way too high, and I added to it! So, I had to tone it down a lot! Sort of like I had to do with Bob Ludwig's "mastering". Clowns.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...andsoftime.mp3

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Jack: Do you reealize, or remember, that you started a thread by this same
title some months back? You could have just added the above to that one
instead of now having two of the same title floating around here.

As for Ludwig? He is just following the $$$, whether supersquashing and
makeup on some projects, or going easy on others, like "Random Access
Memories". Whatever his customers pay him to do.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 2:12:05 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Jack: Do you reealize, or remember, that you started a thread by this same
title some months back? You could have just added the above to that one
instead of now having two of the same title floating around here.

I got received the CD! Pretty difficult to note it when I didn't even know it existed!

As for Ludwig? He is just following the $$$, whether supersquashing and
makeup on some projects, or going easy on others, like "Random Access
Memories". Whatever his customers pay him to do.

Bob's most famous "thing" was squeezing a lot of music on vinyl LP and keeping it sounding good. After that, who knows what he did. I think he did receive a Grammy, but Grammy people really don't care about sound quality; more pay to play.

Jack

Mastering Too Loud JackA Pro Audio 26 June 2nd 16 11:06 PM
Do Most Mastering houses prefer to do Stem-mastering these days? Paul[_13_] Pro Audio 6 May 31st 14 04:28 AM
Mastering poor audio from loud concert? DJ_Strat Pro Audio 8 August 17th 06 05:21 PM
Why does it have to be SO F'ING LOUD? Tocaor Pro Audio 343 July 9th 05 03:23 AM
How loud is loud? Leoaw3 Pro Audio 4 March 27th 04 09:19 PM