Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

Default Audio Editor vs. DAW: Whats the Difference?

On 19 Aug 2017, Neil wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

On 8/18/2017 6:16 PM, Nil wrote:

I don't really compare it to Audition or Cool Edit, though. Those
two programs are really single audio file editors with some
clunky multi- track features bolted on.

Audition is the continuation of Cool Edit _Pro_ after its
acquisition by Adobe, and it was/is a multi-track recorder. I've
used it with various multi-input cards (up to 32 simultaneous
tracks) for decades.

Yes, I know and I said as much. But Audition's multi-track features
seem to me to be extremely clunky and hard to work with, at least in
versions 1.2 through 3. Maybe later versions are easier. Maybe it just
doesn't fit in with the way I think and work.

Cool Edit was a single-file editor only, no multi-track features.

Best Audio Editor Peter Larsen[_2_] Pro Audio 0 January 23rd 08 12:58 PM
Looking for a good audio editor Buzz Tech 4 January 7th 07 01:15 PM
Audio Editor Pro Jayme Pro Audio 3 April 15th 06 11:23 PM
Want WAV editor allows cutting without changing remaining audio [email protected] Tech 4 May 11th 05 09:46 PM
Looking for simple WinXP audio editor Ixkorr Oxkarr Pro Audio 3 March 11th 04 02:06 AM