Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Schizoid Man

Default Explain me this

Religiosity is a very important attribute in contemporary America. The
Christian movement wields far more social, political and economic clout in
the United States than it does in European and other countries that are
Judeo-Christian in origin.

This also means that the United States is far more religious a nation than
most Europeans countries.

Therefore, I find it paradoxical then that the holiest day in the Christian
calendar, Easter, is recognized as a legal holiday in most countries with
the notable exception of the United States.

I lived in the United Kingdom and I remember always getting the Monday after
Easter (suitably called "Easter Monday") off. But that phrase seems is not
commonplace in this country.

Can somebody please explain this to me? Thank you in advance.