Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mr Soul Mr Soul is offline

Default Mackie SRM450 v2 quality issues?

I've actually been meaning to post this but I bought a Mackie SRM450
v2 speaker last year and have had pretty good luck with it (BTW - I
ended up getting a pure sine inverter and the buzzing problem went
away like you all said it would).

I just recently got another one and I've been having problems with it
(had to send it back to MF twice for a new one). Now I am hearing
that the new v2's are having quality problems (as compared to the
original version). I searched this forum but didn't see anything.
Any one know anything about this?

Also, I wanted to mention that last spring I built a new 64-bit (core
I7) DAW with the newer ATA 3.0 drives and Win7. Unfortunately I
haven't had a chance to do much audio work with it but I've really
enjoyed the machine so far. I hope to switch over to the 64-bit
version of Reaper. I am still having an issue where Sound Forge
cannot find all my plug-ins but hopefully I'll get that problem
resolved soon.

Mike C (aka Mr Soul)