reqluq

Default makie cfx prob

hi,why when I pull down the subfaders 1 and 2 on the mackie cfx 18 I hear
reverb..I've tried post abd pre on the channel strip amongst other settings
to no avail.is this solveable or is that how it is?
thanks req

Agent 86

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:43:38 -0500, reqluq wrote:

hi,why when I pull down the subfaders 1 and 2 on the mackie cfx 18 I hear
reverb..I've tried post abd pre on the channel strip amongst other
settings to no avail.is this solveable or is that how it is? thanks req

What do you mean you "hear reverb"? Reverb by itself doesn't really sound
like anything. What do you have plugged in, & how do you have it routed?

hank alrich

reqluq wrote:

hi,why when I pull down the subfaders 1 and 2 on the mackie cfx 18 I hear
reverb..I've tried post abd pre on the channel strip amongst other settings

Not sure I understand what you're saying but here is something I
understood at once when I examined a Mackie CFX for a friend who was
concerned about a noise: switching on the effects put hiss in the
outputs, whether or not the effect itself was turned up. In general I am
able to appreciate Mackie. In that instance I was not.

I'm also still waiting for them to get rtheir SRM350 act together. One
makes noise, the next one doesn;t ya think it's been fixed, and the one
after the good one makes noise. Keeeeriiiist.

--
ha
Gordon Rice

Hey there--

Yeah, my limited experience w/the CFX series effects are a bit
noisy--not really a problem in the rooms the unit was designed for,
though. As far as hearing the 'verb with the sub faders down, that's
normal: The effects return directly to the mix bus, where they're
combined with the subs.

--gmr

reqluq

"Agent 86" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 02:43:38 -0500, reqluq wrote:

hi,why when I pull down the subfaders 1 and 2 on the mackie cfx 18 I hear
reverb..I've tried post abd pre on the channel strip amongst other
settings to no avail.is this solveable or is that how it is? thanks req

What do you mean you "hear reverb"? Reverb by itself doesn't really sound
like anything. What do you have plugged in, & how do you have it routed?

*hear reverb* = a *wash* of sound ..i.e. a full wet signal as opposed to
the dry mixed with it...I pull down the fader the dry goes down but the
reverb stays..I want the wet sound to follow the dry down..
req