Posted to rec.audio.car

Default iPod for 1998 Civic?

I own a 1998 Civic. When I bought it used it had a factory radio (no
CD or cassette player) so I replaced it with an Alpine CD player. That
was stolen a month or so ago so I reinstalled the factory stereo
myself. My preference would be to buy an iPod rather than spend money
on another CD player but I have no idea if it would work well. I don't
want to chance using an FM transmitter b/c I've heard too many
complaints about poor reception.

Does anyone know if the radio player has an auxilliary output (I'm
really not familiar with the terms but I think that's what it's called)
that I could use to plug in the iPod directly? I know I could find
this out at my garage or a car audio store but I can't really spend the
money, especially if I buy something from Apple!

Oh, another only partly related question. I reinstalled the radio but
it has much worse reception than it did before. Stations come in
occasionally and a lot less of them. Does anyone have a guess as to
why?

Thanks a lot for any info.

Posted to rec.audio.car
sniper99

You probably got used to your aftermarket radio and the better FM radio
sensitivity it had, so the factory radio just seems like it has worse
reception.

For an AUX adapter to your factory radio and an IPOD, see this

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/produ...7&cat=0&page=1