Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get
the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has
6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I
still can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case,
thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and
I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
thanatoid thanatoid is offline

David Nebenzahl wrote in
.com:

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I
can't get the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a
tough little unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a
thick rugged plastic (polypropylene?) case, that can sit on
top of a mike stand. Similar to this one:
http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis
has 6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I
removed, but I still can't get the chassis out of the case.
I tried prying the case, thinking there might be some
cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and I didn't want
to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

I have noticed that sometimes there is a screw (or more than
one) under one (or more) stick-on label(s).

--
"Anytime I hear the word "culture", I get on the Internet."
- a 21st Century Moron
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get the
damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little unit,
with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has 6
screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I still
can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case, thinking
there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and I didn't
want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

Specifically, No....But I have sometimes found that they like to hide screws
underneath the pasted on rubber feet, so you might investigate that. Also,
inspect the cover carefully to see exactly which panels are welded to what
other panels, and you might get a clue as to where the screws have to be in
order for it to come apart......

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

On 9/12/2010 11:17 PM Bill Graham spake thus:

[...]

Nope, no feet on the bottom.

Also, inspect the cover carefully to see exactly which panels are
welded to what other panels, and you might get a clue as to where the
screws have to be in order for it to come apart......

Nothing's welded to anything. Just a diecast chassis set into a plastic
case that surrounds it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

On 9/12/2010 10:47 PM thanatoid spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote in
.com:

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I
can't get the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a
tough little unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a
thick rugged plastic (polypropylene?) case, that can sit on
top of a mike stand. Similar to this one:
http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis
has 6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I
removed, but I still can't get the chassis out of the case.
I tried prying the case, thinking there might be some
cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and I didn't want
to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

I have noticed that sometimes there is a screw (or more than
one) under one (or more) stick-on label(s).

Good idea, but no screws lurking underneath labels here.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get the
damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little unit,
with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has 6
screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I still
can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case, thinking
there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and I didn't
want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

--

Try emailing Galaxy and asking them ? They can only say no ...

Head up your email "Urgent - Please Pass to Service Department" You might
strike lucky and get a secretary that prints it out and passes it on without
'filtering' it. In my experience, most engineers don't mind helping others,
and unless the company has a really strict 'no help' policy, quite often if
you can get as far as direct communication with an engineer, you can get the
information you need.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

On 13/09/2010 08:32, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Nothing's welded to anything. Just a diecast chassis set into a plastic
case that surrounds it.

Do the control knobs on the front come off to reveal spindle nuts?

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Hi!

Fine idea, and was my next tactic. As you say, what have I got
to lose?
It'll be interesting to see what kind of response I'll get. I've had
good luck with this approach in the past.

It will be interesting. Please do post back with their response.

Looking at the unit, I wondered if perhaps the cabinet was snapped
together internally at assembly time. I saw what to me looked like a
seam line, but the photos weren't really high resolution enough to
tell.

If that's true, it may mean that opening the unit will mar the finish
or break some/all of the things holding it together.

William
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

"William R. Walsh" wrote in message
Hi!

Fine idea, and was my next tactic. As you say, what have I got
to lose?
It'll be interesting to see what kind of response I'll get. I've had
good luck with this approach in the past.

It will be interesting. Please do post back with their response.

Looking at the unit, I wondered if perhaps the cabinet was snapped
together internally at assembly time. I saw what to me looked like a
seam line, but the photos weren't really high resolution enough to
tell.

If that's true, it may mean that opening the unit will mar the finish
or break some/all of the things holding it together.

William

Try fitting a piece of paper through the crack to see if it really is a
separate piece of metal.....Reminds me of the wooden beams that "hold up" my
living room ceiling.....Until I was able to put a sheet of paper between the
wall and the end of the beam.....turns out that its the other way
around....The ceiling is holding up the beams....:^)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

On Sep 14, 5:03*pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:
"William R. Walsh" wrote in ...

[...]

around....The ceiling is holding up the beams....:^)- Hide quoted text -

Try dropping it if you don't hear from the manufacturer.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get
the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has
6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I
still can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case,
thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and
I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

At least no one has suggested a Plsma Cutter! ;-)

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
thanatoid thanatoid is offline

David Nebenzahl wrote in
.com:

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I
can't get the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a
tough little unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a
thick rugged plastic (polypropylene?) case, that can sit on
top of a mike stand. Similar to this one:
http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp

You or someone you know has a digital camera. Take a photo of
the ****ing thing, all sides, and post it to a binary group of
your choice or to some stupid site like photobucket or flickr.
It's will considerably improve your chances of opening the
thing.

I for one would like to see what the hell we are talking about.

"Similar to this one" does NOT cut it.

--
"Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
- 21st Century Humanoid
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Michael A. Terrell wrote in message
m...

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get
the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has
6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I
still can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case,
thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and
I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

At least no one has suggested a Plsma Cutter! ;-)

enough left over to pay them.

A ring cutter yes, as a last resort, to make an inspection hole.
Somewhere there is unlikely to be active stuff and where a blanking plate
could be fixed over the hole and maybe another hole if the first reveals
nothing useful. Where an "endoscope" would be useful.

I'm assuming you've run a piece of rounded off dowel over any decals for
covered screwpoint recesses.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get
the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has
6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I
still can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case,
thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and
I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

At least no one has suggested a Plsma Cutter! ;-)

Nah! "Angle grinder" as they always say over on uk.d-i-y :-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...]

When you loose neg bias on audio output bottles and a hole is burnt through
the anode plate and up to the point the the glass melts and vacuum is lost ,
is that plasma cutting?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
message m
David Nebenzahl wrote:

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started
because I can't get the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a
tough little unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set
into a thick rugged plastic (polypropylene?) case, that
can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to this one:
http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the
chassis has 6 screws into the case, and there's one on
the back I removed, but I still can't get the chassis
out of the case. I tried prying the case, thinking there
might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck,
and I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the
case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

At least no one has suggested a Plasma Cutter! ;-)

IME diamond saws are a more readily available and economical alternative.
This is one of the major changes in tooling of this millennium - industrial
diamonds are now so inexpensive that tools that effectively employ them are
readily available in most big-box home improvement stores. That all said,
this product seems to be composed of materials that are too soft and too
temperature sensitive for effective cutting by diamond-tipped tools or
plasma cutters.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

This product appears to be the pro-audio equivalent of most remote controls.

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote controls are
generally held together with screws /and/ near-unreleasable tabs. I've never
understood why both are needed.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

On 9/15/2010 9:52 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

This product appears to be the pro-audio equivalent of most remote controls.

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote controls are
generally held together with screws /and/ near-unreleasable tabs. I've never
understood why both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging here.

There's a diecast metal front panel which covers the entire front of the
unit, with a deeply set grille for the speaker. Six screws attach the
metal panel to the plastic cabinet.

The plastic cabinet is ONE PIECE, totally seamless, covering the
remaining 5 sides. So it's not a clamshell like most remotes or
similarly packaged electronics.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote
controls are generally held together with screws /and/ near-
unreleasable tabs. I've never understood why both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging here.

My point was about the /philosophy/ of the packaging. Why belts+suspenders,
when only one is needed?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

On 9/15/2010 10:33 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote
controls are generally held together with screws /and/ near-
unreleasable tabs. I've never understood why both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging here.

My point was about the /philosophy/ of the packaging. Why belts+suspenders,
when only one is needed?

Ah, so. Actually describes my problem here quite well; why doesn't this
damn thing open up when I remove the screws, which seemed to hold the
thing together quite securely?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , David Nebenzahl wrote:
I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get
the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has
6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I
still can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case,
thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and
I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

I would like to see a pic of the rear which i can't find.
I often have to uncover hidden screws in things.
I also have to do alot of prying on things.

greg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
bob u bob u is offline

On 9/13/2010 12:32 AM, David Nebenzahl wrote:
I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get
the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has
6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I
still can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case,
thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and
I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

I have a Core PA5X140 hot spot sitting in front of me.
single 5" speaker with amp built in. It really did not want
to open either. It has 6 screws on the front.
a screw on the back. On this unit, there are 1/4" phone jacks on the
rear. These are connected to the internal circuit board. SO, the lock
nuts MUST be taken off the phone jacks before you start the removal process.

On this one, the front face is inset down into the rear shell. My guess
is stictation or such is a factor. First on this unit, i gently pried
around the deal with a razer blade. Then i used a very small flat blade
screw driver to try to break loose the case from the front. Then i kind
of beat on it to see if gravity would help it separate (face down). I
eventually got it apart, but it did not want to easily separate.

bob
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

David Nebenzahl wrote:

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't get
the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand. Similar to
this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of the chassis has
6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back I removed, but I
still can't get the chassis out of the case. I tried prying the case,
thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I could open, but no luck, and
I didn't want to risk chewing up the edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

At least no one has suggested a Plsma Cutter! ;-)

Nah! "Angle grinder" as they always say over on uk.d-i-y :-)

Angle grinders are for amateurs and wimps. It takes a real prow to
cut something open with a plasma cutter and still have anything left to
repair.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Dick Pierce wrote:

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

At least no one has suggested a Plasma Cutter! ;-)
Nah! "Angle grinder" as they always say over on uk.d-i-y
diamond saws
endoscopes
ring cutters
drop it
tap it with a screwdriver handle
unscrew it
screw it

Explosives. Now THAT'S the ticket!

Primacord.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
message m
David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...]

A diamond saw? Save that to remodel your bathroom.

enough left over to pay them.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
thanatoid thanatoid is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how
remote controls are generally held together with screws
/and/ near- unreleasable tabs. I've never understood why
both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging
here.

My point was about the /philosophy/ of the packaging. Why
belts+suspenders, when only one is needed?

Because an average remote gets dropped at least a few times a
week (my statistics), and is occasionally thrown at various
inanimate objects and assorted life forms.

--
"Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
- 21st Century Humanoid
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

"thanatoid"

What a handle -- "the form of death".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Jamie[_2_] Jamie[_2_] is offline

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 9/15/2010 9:52 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

This product appears to be the pro-audio equivalent of most remote
controls.

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote controls are
generally held together with screws /and/ near-unreleasable tabs. I've
never
understood why both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging here.

There's a diecast metal front panel which covers the entire front of the
unit, with a deeply set grille for the speaker. Six screws attach the
metal panel to the plastic cabinet.

The plastic cabinet is ONE PIECE, totally seamless, covering the
remaining 5 sides. So it's not a clamshell like most remotes or
similarly packaged electronics.

it most likely has a sealant between the front and plastic case to
prevent vibration at the seem, which is common with that type of
construction.. These things will stick like mild glue..

With the screws half way, wrap the unit in a soft wrap of some kind
like foam rubber so you don't scratch it, rest it on a pillow and use
something like a piece of wood to hit lightly against the screws that
are half way out.. The shock should push on the plastic behind and break
the bond!.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

"Jamie" t wrote in message
David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...]

Ha! I was just about to come in with exactly the same observation, and you
beat me to it ! Quite a few of these powered speakers follow that general
style of construction, and it's common for something like the self adhesive
draught excluder foam strip that you fit around door and window frames, to
be used to form an airtight seal between the ally casting and the heavy
plastic case. It's not uncommon for this stuff to stick like a bitch when
it's been clamped up in that joint for a few years. If there genuinely is
just the six screws holding the front to the case, then likely as not, the
answer is just going to be brute force. Is there even the tiniest gap that
you could perhaps get something like a wide wood chisel into to see if you
can spring the plastic away from the metal a little ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
thanatoid thanatoid is offline

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

"thanatoid"

What a handle -- "the form of death".

Wow, I certainly DO appreciate you explaining it to me!

Sigh.

--
"Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
- 21st Century Humanoid

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...]

It's a standing joke on that group Michael. "Angle grinder" is the 'silly'
answer when anyone asks for instance how to dismantle a ceramic cartridge
shower valve to clean it, or anything referring to a 'delicate' job. British
humour, and all that ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

"thanatoid"
What a handle -- "the form of death".

Wow, I certainly DO appreciate you explaining
it to me! Sigh.

I wasn't explaining it... I was acknowledging it. Clever.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

On 9/15/2010 12:51 PM bob u spake thus:

[...]

Thanks for the first and only really helpful reply in this whole damn
thread.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Sure enough, removing the nut
from the phone jack allowed the whole unit to slip rather easily out of
the case (I used a heavy knife blade betwixt the case and chassis to
start it).

The amp appears to be fine; there's either a problem with the XLR mike
input jack, or with the mike cable we were using. (Can't test because I
have no XLR plugs.)

Thanks again.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Sure enough, removing the nut
from the phone jack allowed the whole unit to slip rather easily out of
the case

Sheesh. You "shoulda" known enough to do that, at least. Good grief.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Arfa Daily wrote in message

"Jamie" t wrote in

message
David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...]

The allied problem (Mackie powered speakers particularly) is long lazy
thread screws jammed into the plastic close to the point of shearing if
undoing them. I made a heated long shaft screwdriver for this, soldering
iron heater slid over the shaft.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Sure enough, removing the nut
from the phone jack allowed the whole unit to slip rather easily out of
the case

Sheesh. You "shoulda" known enough to do that, at least. Good grief.

Hmmm. I agree that is a little fundamental. I thought we were looking at a
'real' puzzle here ... And without an XLR balanced / unbalanced signal
source, how can you test properly, without making possibly unfounded guesses
about the service condition of the mic or its lead or the socket on this
amp. I would have thought that this sort of test would be fundamental before
wasting time trying to rip it all apart. It is in my workshop anyway.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Meat Plow[_3_] Meat Plow[_3_] is offline

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:35:59 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Sure enough, removing the nut
from the phone jack allowed the whole unit to slip rather easily out of
the case

Sheesh. You "shoulda" known enough to do that, at least. Good grief.

Yeah no kidding. boggle

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
bob u bob u is offline

On 9/16/2010 3:30 AM, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Sure enough, removing the nut
from the phone jack allowed the whole unit to slip rather easily out of
the case

Sheesh. You "shoulda" known enough to do that, at least. Good grief.

Its not really self evident that the jack is connected to the PC board.
When i took mine apart, i certainly did NOT think it was that way. I
eventually figured it out, but it took a while. i assumed it was just
a raw jack connected with loose wires to the amplifier.

bob

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Sure enough, removing the nut from the phone jack
allowed the whole unit to slip rather easily out of
the case

Sheesh. You "shoulda" known enough to do that,
at least. Good grief.

Its not really self evident that the jack is connected to
the PC board. When I took mine apart, I certainly did
NOT think it was that way. I eventually figured it out,
but it took a while. I assumed it was just a raw jack
connected with loose wires to the amplifier.

This sort of assembly is not that uncommon, as it reduces manufacturing
costs. It also makes testing the amplifier a bit easier. I've seen expensive
equipment that did the same thing, making the device virtually
unassembleable.

cracking/poppng sound simbill Car Audio 6 October 13th 05 04:46 PM
Floor makes cracking noise kleinebre Pro Audio 13 July 31st 05 12:34 AM
Galaxy 5000 RS - 2W Riptex Car Audio 0 December 21st 04 08:04 AM
Galaxy Hot Spot Sanbar Pro Audio 2 June 30th 04 01:51 PM