Steve D

Default tech question regarding a noisy pot on an Alesis X2 master module

hello,

This problem is referring to an Alesis X2 master module.

After the board is on for a couple of days the control room out pot gets very
noisy. I changed the pot and the problem moved from the left side to the right
side. It's the kind of noise that surges pretty violently with movement.

If I power the board down for a few hours the problem goes away but will
return after the board is powered up for a couple of day's.

I don't think the problem is the pot though I know these boards are noted for
bad pots.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Stephen DeAcutis
Steve D
Sound Spa Recording
http://soundspa.net
Scott Dorsey

Steve D wrote:

This problem is referring to an Alesis X2 master module.

After the board is on for a couple of days the control room out pot gets very
noisy. I changed the pot and the problem moved from the left side to the right
side. It's the kind of noise that surges pretty violently with movement.

If I power the board down for a few hours the problem goes away but will
return after the board is powered up for a couple of day's.

I don't think the problem is the pot though I know these boards are noted for
bad pots.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Bad blocking capacitor, that gets leaky when it gets hot, and starts
throwing DC on the pot.

Steve D

After the board is on for a couple of days the control room out pot gets very

noisy. I changed the pot and the problem moved from the left side to the

right
side. It's the kind of noise that surges pretty violently with movement.

If I power the board down for a few hours the problem goes away but will
return after the board is powered up for a couple of day's.

I don't think the problem is the pot though I know these boards are noted

for
bad pots.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Bad blocking capacitor, that gets leaky when it gets hot, and starts
throwing DC on the pot.

God Bless You

Steve D
Sound Spa Recording