Ramesh

Default How test whether S/PDIF is working?

My PC's S/PDIF is not working.
This is how I am testing S/PDIF. I have Archos AV120 which can take
S/PDIF input and record it. I connected S/PDIF output of computer to
Archos and started recording. Nothing gets recorded. PC has SoundMAX
on it.

Is it the way to test S/PDIF ?
Pls help in diagnosing this problem.

Thanks
Ramesh
Arny Krueger

Ramesh wrote:

My PC's S/PDIF is not working.

Maybe.

This is how I am testing S/PDIF. I have Archos AV120 which can take
S/PDIF input and record it.

What SPDIF outputs have you tested the Archos with?

I connected S/PDIF output of computer to
Archos and started recording. Nothing gets recorded.

Might be a number of problems, including operator knowledge and experience.

PC has SoundMAX on it.

Is the SP/DIF output properly wired? Often they have to be separately
enabled. Many PCs have separate panels with the SP/DIF output on it. It may
not be hooked up properly. There may be a setting tucked away in the control
panel that has to be enabled. Check out the windows volume control and any
software specifically provided for your audio interface.

Is it the way to test S/PDIF ?

Have you tested your Arhos with another device that has a digital output?

Pls help in diagnosing this problem.

Ramesh

What SPDIF outputs have you tested the Archos with?
Audio out put of SPDIF.

Is the SP/DIF output properly wired? Often they have to be separately
enabled. Many PCs have separate panels with the SP/DIF output on it. It may

I have a cable with 3 pins(Red,White,Yellow) on one end and 1 pin at
another end. I connected Yellow pin to PC and other end to Archos A/V
input.
On PC, in "Volume Control"-"Advanced", I have enabled AC3 SPDIF & PCM
SPDIF.

On Archos, I seleted DIGITAL as source, it does not work. Same thing
applies when I select ANOLOG as source.
But when I select MICROPHONE as source, everything works. This shown
cabling is ok.

Have you tested your Arhos with another device that has a digital output?

I will try testing with my friends PC tommarow. My above test may
prove that Archos is fine.

Thanks
Ramesh

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...