rm

Default Running amp at 2ohms to sub 2 ohms or do I need 2 subs?

If i run my amp down to 600watts @ 2ohms to my 2ohm dual voice coil sub,
will i be running at 2ohms or do i need 2 subs to run at 2 ohms?

Tom G

"rm" wrote in message
If i run my amp down to 600watts @ 2ohms to my 2ohm dual voice coil sub,
will i be running at 2ohms or do i need 2 subs to run at 2 ohms?

The amp produces power into a given "load" (Ohms).

Ohm "load" is determined by the speaker(s).

A 2 Ohm load is:
1. Single voice coil 2 Ohm
2. Dual voice coil sub, 4 Ohms per coil, wired in parallel
3. 2 subs, 4 Ohm coils, wired in parallel
4. 2 subs, dual 8 Ohm coils, all wired in parallel
5. 4 subs, 8 Ohm coils, all wired in parallel
6. dual 2 Ohm coils wired in series, 2 subs wired in parallel
7. dual 4 Ohm coils in series, 4 subs in parallel
8. dual 8 Ohm coils in series, 8 subs in parallel
9. three 6 Ohm coils all in parallel
10.three dual 3 Ohm subs, coils in series, subs in parallel
11.six 3 Ohm subs, 3 pairs in series, pairs in parallel

It gets tricky from there, do I need to go on?