Brent Handy

Default Akai out of business? I just heard a rumor

Fritz wrote in message ...
new distributor. IMC which was the US arm of Akai Pro is bankrupt.

IMC was not the US arm of Akai Pro. They were the US distributor.
Akai decided to got factory direct with their distributing, so they
cut loose IMC. If IMC has gone bankrupt then this may be a result of
protection.

Akai Japan is in trouble with the government, as they owe big-time
back taxes. They asked the ministry for an extension. Akai has been
rethinking it's business to save money. Akai is still shipping
product, and parts are still plentiful from existing inventories.

EMTEC filed for Germany's version of reorganization bankruptcy
protection, only for the tape division. EMTEC makes a profit
everywhere else but in the pro realm. They are still operating.

When this came about, a lady from the CA office read a good bye letter
at a SPARS meeting. The good bye part was from the sales office,
which has been consolidated. There are no more freebies or spiffs.
You can still get tape.
normanstrong

Is akai out of business? I just heard a rumor to that effect.

Again? Or did you just hear the last rumor of several months ago

when
they got a new distributor in the US?

this seems to be a never-ending rumor.

Along with EMITEC. Everybody has been up in arms about EMITEC going

under
for about two years now, and they continue shipping product and

showing no
signs of stopping.

EMITEC? I thought it was EMTEC.

Norm Strong