Brian Bower

Default 12at7, 12at7wa,12at7wc ???

Hi all, I have an old Sonar FS-23 Cb radio and the Receive Tube it uses
is a 12at7. What is the difference in a 12at7wa , 12at7wb and a
12at7wc. Which would pull in the weak transmissions best ?. And which
would be the best to use ?. Please let me know. Thanks
Brian - Las Vegas

Bret Ludwig

Although this is not the right place to ask this and although it's a
stupid question on the face of it, I'll further a guess that the 12AX7
is not in the front RF receive end of this radio at all, as it doesn't
do particularly well for RF service at 27 MHz.

Doug Bannard

Brian Bower wrote:

Hi all, I have an old Sonar FS-23 Cb radio and the Receive Tube it uses
is a 12at7. What is the difference in a 12at7wa , 12at7wb and a
12at7wc. Which would pull in the weak transmissions best ?. And which
would be the best to use ?. Please let me know. Thanks
Brian - Las Vegas

Hi Brian:

The 12AT7WA, WB and WC are simply ruggedized versions of the 12AT7. The
WC has tighter manufacturing process controls on it than the WA, and the
WB is in the middle. Regardless of whether you use the 12AT7, or its
WA, WB or WC versions, there should be no significant difference in the
performance of your transceiver.

These tubes were originally developed for VHF amplifier and oscillator
service so will perform well at 27MHz.

73, Doug Bannard
Captain Crane

Thank You Doug for answering my question. I was very curious about the
different variations of tubes and their numbers.
Brian - Las Vegas, NV

5814 = 12AU7 or 12AT7 NGS Vacuum Tubes 2 May 9th 05 02:16 AM
Help: 12AT7 6SN7 preamp ·à¤l¤f Vacuum Tubes 0 November 19th 04 01:36 PM
FS: Selected 12AT7 12AT7WA/6201 6679 Tubes Stephen Marsh Marketplace 0 June 11th 04 01:02 AM
MC67 and the 12AT7 mixer Rich Andrews Vacuum Tubes 8 September 12th 03 12:24 AM
Any suggestion about 12AT7 for Leak TL-50+? Fred Nachbaur Vacuum Tubes 2 September 2nd 03 02:41 PM