stephane branchu

Default motorizied volume remote control

Anyone has schem or links for an easy to built motorizied volume remote
control ?
I've found Alps motor pot but no schem to use it.

Regards

Patrick Turner

stephane branchu wrote:

Anyone has schem or links for an easy to built motorizied volume remote
control ?
I've found Alps motor pot but no schem to use it.

Regards

Check the google record for discussions on remote volumes controls.

Patrick Turner.

Gregg

Behold, stephane branchu scribed on tube chassis:

Anyone has schem or links for an easy to built motorizied volume remote
control ?
I've found Alps motor pot but no schem to use it.

Regards

Mikkel Simmosen has some goodies for you :-)

http://stiftsbogtrykkeriet.dk/~mcs/Remote3/index.html

--
Gregg "t3h g33k"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca
shiva

"stephane branchu" wrote in message
Anyone has schem or links for an easy to built motorizied volume remote
control ?
I've found Alps motor pot but no schem to use it.

Regards

Hi -
I've got a bunch (surplus store), but they're mounted on a PC board & are
50Kx2+ position pot (a stack of 3), so they're SS type of a deal... OTOH,
the PC boards (ugh) are really small, and are not only populated, but are
clearly marked, using 5V as drive voltage. The things use a reduction
drive, at ~ 1RPM, so you just apply the voltage (ground & up or down pins) &
the knob slowly turns - no exotic circuitry needed (unless you wish to use
indicator bars - useless, since there's a knob showing you your vol.
setting).
the whole contraption looks silly in a toob amp, and even though i have
one on my Maranz power amp in the "family indestructible system", it never
gets used - while it's neat to watch the knob move, that's about it. Try a
"mute" switch instead - i have mine set up to *almost* mute the system.
Much simpler & looks fine in a tube amp.
OTOH, if you're into the poooorist attenuator switches, I have 12 Alps
(relabeled, but they're Alps) 14 position (if I remember right) attenuators,
479K to 0, wired in audio progression through WW 1% resistors (these were
cut out of a rack of ECG (medical) amps, and the resistors are
turret-mounted on a chunk of PC board. These are miniature & stackable
(each one's mono, but you can stack them a mile long. (I've got a 24 pos
full-sized alps with 12 switches on the same shaft + a push/ground switch to
avoid pops while you're switching).Tell me if you're interested in swaps - I
need a pair of decent 5 to 7K -8Ohms *matching* SE iron (used & short leads
OK), or decent PP UL or cath. feedback 8K to 18K - 8Ohm, reply if
interested, & I can send you pics & my email. Also have tons of other crap
(err... treasures) to swap.
-dim