Adam Stouffer

Default Spot the mistake

http://70.17.187.202:808/~tesla/whatswrong.jpg

Now who can guess what it really is

Adam
BFoelsch

6K6GT or 6V6GT

"Adam Stouffer" wrote in message
news:Ps6wd.4408$Zn6.2061@trnddc08...
http://70.17.187.202:808/~tesla/whatswrong.jpg

Now who can guess what it really is

Adam

Gregg

Behold, BFoelsch signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

6K6GT or 6V6GT

I vote 6K6GT too.

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
Tim Williams

"BFoelsch" wrote in message
6K6GT or 6V6GT

I was going to say 6V6, but now that you mention it I've seen more K's with
plates like that.

Tim

--
"I've got more trophies than Wayne Gretsky and the Pope combined!"
- Homer Simpson

cowboy

"Adam Stouffer" wrote in message
http://70.17.187.202:808/~tesla/whatswrong.jpg

Now who can guess what it really is

Adam

curious where this fraud showed up?

that has to be the most lame tube fake I have seen in years!

Adam Stouffer

cowboy wrote:

curious where this fraud showed up?

that has to be the most lame tube fake I have seen in years!

Its a real 6V6 (at least the top says so) and it was in a box of tubes
that came from a garage sale. As to why the base says 6SN7, who knows.
Its glued on tight and happily drives an 811A.

Adam
robert casey

curious where this fraud showed up?

that has to be the most lame tube fake I have seen in years!

No, it's a 6SN7 pentode strapped.... Just like
some pentodes are triode strapped. :-)
Jeff Thompson

Adam Stouffer wrote:
cowboy wrote:

curious where this fraud showed up?

that has to be the most lame tube fake I have seen in years!

Its a real 6V6 (at least the top says so) and it was in a box of tubes
that came from a garage sale. As to why the base says 6SN7, who knows.
Its glued on tight and happily drives an 811A.

Adam

Fake? I can't imagine anyone making a fake 6SN7 from
a 6V6. Aside from the fact that it wouldn't begin
to work, there are lots of cheaper tubes that look
more like 6SN7s. I doubt if factory workers making
mistakes is a recent development.
Jeff
Gregg

Behold, Adam Stouffer signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

cowboy wrote:

curious where this fraud showed up?

that has to be the most lame tube fake I have seen in years!

Its a real 6V6 (at least the top says so) and it was in a box of tubes
that came from a garage sale. As to why the base says 6SN7, who knows.
Its glued on tight and happily drives an 811A.

Adam

WOW!

You not only have a mis-labelled 6V6, but one with the 6K6 trademark
oval, smooth plate :-o

How much do you think the Hong Kong boys would pay for that on eBay?

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
http://geek.scorpiorising.ca
Carroll Conklin

Looks like a 6V6 to me!.

"Adam Stouffer" wrote in message
http://70.17.187.202:808/~tesla/whatswrong.jpg

Now who can guess what it really is

Adam

D MARSHALL

a 6sn7 is a twin triode, but that looks
like a pentode or tetrode 6v6, more like a
tetrode to me, i dont see a screen grid.

"Adam Stouffer" wrote in message
http://70.17.187.202:808/~tesla/whatswrong.jpg

Now who can guess what it really is

Adam

shiva

"BFoelsch" wrote in message
6K6GT or 6V6GT

"Adam Stouffer" wrote in message
http://70.17.187.202:808/~tesla/whatswrong.jpg

Now who can guess what it really is

Adam

Do I get to open a port to see it?
-dim

DBX 160 VU's...mistake in eMail address! brendan2 Marketplace 0 June 22nd 04 09:03 PM
Blue Spot Speaker question John Smith Vacuum Tubes 3 April 20th 04 04:26 AM
Stereophile's mistake Robert Morein Audio Opinions 44 January 4th 04 11:27 PM
Sweet spot topdog Pro Audio 13 December 21st 03 07:02 PM
need new pair of spot mics for chamber ensemble jnorman Pro Audio 8 October 2nd 03 04:51 PM