chiasson

Default TLII vs XLII

Im torn as to what to buy. TLII has always worked great for me, just
never owned one. Im int he market and I hear that the XLII doesnt have
the same response. If thats the case Its not what Im looking for and
Ill go for a NOS TLII. Any opinons would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Scott Dorsey

chiasson wrote:
Im torn as to what to buy. TLII has always worked great for me, just
never owned one. Im int he market and I hear that the XLII doesnt have
the same response. If thats the case Its not what Im looking for and
Ill go for a NOS TLII. Any opinons would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

They aren't the same at all, but you should try both. If possible, you
should also try the original TL. I'm assuming we're talking about the AKG
414 here. If we're talking about Maxell tapes, ignore this.
Scott Dorsey

chiasson wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) wrote in message ...
In article ,
chiasson wrote:
Im torn as to what to buy. TLII has always worked great for me, just
never owned one. Im int he market and I hear that the XLII doesnt have
the same response. If thats the case Its not what Im looking for and
Ill go for a NOS TLII. Any opinons would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

They aren't the same at all, but you should try both. If possible, you
should also try the original TL. I'm assuming we're talking about the AKG
414 here. If we're talking about Maxell tapes, ignore this.

Thanks for your reply.
So the the XLII does not sound anything like the TLII? Thats what Ive
been hearing. Kinda strange since isn't the XLII supposeed to replace
the TLII?

Yeah, but the TL II doesn't sound like the TL that it was supposed to
replace. And the original EB doesn't sound like any of them.
Geoff Wood

"chiasson" wrote in message
Thanks for your reply.
So the the XLII does not sound anything like the TLII? Thats what Ive
been hearing. Kinda strange since isn't the XLII supposeed to replace
the TLII?

Maybe they fixed it to sound more like the TL ?

geoff