Posted to rec.audio.pro
Will Perishington Will Perishington is offline

Default Paramount Pictures and/or Horta-Mahana Corp sound libraries

Are the Paramount Pictures and/ or Horta-Mahana Corp sound effects libraries
availabe for audition/ download anywhere on the web?

Thanks,
Wil

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Will Perishington" wrote ...
Are the Paramount Pictures and/ or Horta-Mahana Corp sound effects
libraries availabe for audition/ download anywhere on the web?

Google reveals that at least some online sites have content from
the Paramount library. for example: www.audiosparx.com, etc.

However Horta-Mahana appears to not even have a website.
Not clear whether they are even still in business?

My go-to source for online SFX is www.sounddogs.com
They don't appear to include content from Paramount, but
I have never been disappointed in finding something I could
use.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Marc Wielage[_2_] Marc Wielage[_2_] is offline

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:12:36 -0800, Will Perishington wrote
(in article ):

Are the Paramount Pictures and/ or Horta-Mahana Corp sound effects libraries
availabe for audition/ download anywhere on the web?
------------------------------snip------------------------------

I believe Sam Horta died back in the early 1990s, and his sound effects
libraries were spread out to every animation studio in town. I know for sure
Ruby-Spears and Hanna-Barbera were using them from the early 1970s on. Horta
was pretty much the top company for cartoon sound effects in LA for at least
two decades.

Call up Sound Dogs:

Sounddogs.com, Inc.
2633 Lincoln Blvd. #148
Santa Monica, CA 90405-4656
(877) 315-3647
(310) 963-6177
http://www.sounddogs.com

and ask them about it.

Dunno about the Paramount library. Unlike Fox, MGM, Warner Bros., and
Universal, I don't think that Paramount's library was organized or centrally
located the way the other studios were.

You might also talk to:

Sound Ideas
105 West Beaver Creek Road - Suite 4
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 1C6
CANADA
(800) 387-3030
(905) 886-5000
http://www.sound-ideas.com/

who markets a variety of older studio sound effects libraries.

--MFW