Fred Anderson

Default "Line6 PODxt" vs "Yamaha MagicStomp"... thoughts?

Our hard rock / nu-metal band is using the PODxt right now, but our
guitarist is considering replacing his POD with a Yamaha MagicStomp.

Good or bad idea, and why?

John Washburn

"Fred Anderson" wrote:
Our hard rock / nu-metal band is using the PODxt right now, but our
guitarist is considering replacing his POD with a Yamaha MagicStomp.

Good or bad idea, and why?

Dunno, but has he listened to or played through it? If so, and it sounds
better to him, then that's really the point.

-jw

Mike B

Have had both. I use the POD XT in my effects loop but without the amp
modeling portion. Only use it for the effects because I love the amp on it's
own. The magic stomp sounded incredible but did not have enough editing
features......you could not say find a patch with all the effects you wanted
and turn off the amp model. Pod is easier to operate and I like the
shortboard addition.
"Fred Anderson" wrote in message
Our hard rock / nu-metal band is using the PODxt right now, but our
guitarist is considering replacing his POD with a Yamaha MagicStomp.

Good or bad idea, and why?

Les Cargill

Fred Anderson wrote:

Our hard rock / nu-metal band is using the PODxt right now, but our
guitarist is considering replacing his POD with a Yamaha MagicStomp.

Good or bad idea, and why?

Some of the nu/black metal guys on alt.music.4-track went
to the various Johnson modellers, with good result. YMMV. Try 'em
and see ( if they are even still available...)

--
Les Cargill