John L Stewart John L Stewart is offline
Senior Member

Location: Toronto
Smile Power Supply Ripple Sidebands

Here are a couple of spectrums showing PS Ripple Sidebands on program material. One with the CLC filter in the cct while the other is with the L shorted. The output is set at 2.5 Watts.

The amplifier is PPUL 6L6GCs, something I built two of around 1960. The CLC is 40 microF, 1.5H, 35 microF. The L is a Hammond 156R, small enough to fit inside the chassis. The B+ runs around 445V, thru a 5V4GA, but it was originally built for a 5AR4. The PT is a Hammond 273BZ. I have used SS octal rectifiers in this one with good results.

The amp is nominally 25 Watts.

The Spec A is a Pico Technolgy 16-bit ADC-216, so 96 db dynamic range is possible with care.

Cheers to all, John L Stewart
Attached Images