Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

Default home speakers

well im looking at buying some nice home speakers....i been thinking.
i been thinking..instead of 4 or 6 speakers...
ill go 2 or 4.
i was thinking...youll do ALOT better with fewer speakers n increase
the power going to fewer channels.increasing your max power n lowering
your noise too.
in the house i might even go 1 speaker.since home acoustics are so good
n noise free.unlike a car.
but im thinking this might apply to cars in away....
if you have 4 subs from say 2 amps. i think youd do better with just 2
subs.
youd increase your max power from the same 2 amps......hmmmmmm
anyways im stuck between polk n yamaha home speakers....infinity
too.....

Posted to rec.audio.car
OldSch00lf00l OldSch00lf00l is offline

bob wald wrote:
well im looking at buying some nice home speakers....i been thinking.
i been thinking..instead of 4 or 6 speakers...
ill go 2 or 4.
i was thinking...youll do ALOT better with fewer speakers n increase
the power going to fewer channels.increasing your max power n lowering
your noise too.
in the house i might even go 1 speaker.since home acoustics are so good
n noise free.unlike a car.
but im thinking this might apply to cars in away....
if you have 4 subs from say 2 amps. i think youd do better with just 2
subs.
youd increase your max power from the same 2 amps......hmmmmmm
anyways im stuck between polk n yamaha home speakers....infinity
too.....

BUT, vehicles have the transfer function, also known as cabin gain.
Unfortunately in a home, that is virtually non-existent.

The main thing that I like about a home setup is that I can control the
listening environment and it is relatively easy to do away with
reflections and resonances. Good luck in a motorized vehicle made of
sheet metal, glass, plastic, and rubber. Also, we can't forget about
the annoyances caused by road noise, wind noise, and other extraneous
variables beyond our control in a motor vehicle.

The only downside to the home environment is that I found that I needed
to build my enclosures much larger and tune them much lower in order to
achieve a decent sub bass response. For example, in my vehicle, a pair
of 10s in 3 cubic feet net tuned to 32 Hz would give me bass all the way
down to 20 Hz while providing way more sub bass than I could ever
possibly want to deal with. In the home, that same enclosure performs
like it is a great midbass driver and I would roughly need 3 cubic feet
PER 10 tuned to about 19 Hz in order to have a fairly flat frequency
response down to 20 Hz.

I am about to get back into home theater as my next hobby. Heaven help
my bank account...
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

im looking at a tower speaker. ever heard of bic brand.
looking at jbl too. but jbl may be abit too mass production.....common.
not up to a polk or infinity home speaker.
ever hear of altec ....

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald bob wald is offline

down to 20hz...lol you know over 90%of low notes dont go below
26hz......maybe higher. 96%.
if you got beat by alot of 30hz notes in a great box..your ears would
bleed soon id bet....lol
just a example but more true than a joke.

Posted to rec.audio.car

bob wald wrote:
im looking at a tower speaker. ever heard of bic brand.
looking at jbl too. but jbl may be abit too mass production.....common.
not up to a polk or infinity home speaker.
ever hear of altec ....

I am planning on going with a DIY home audio set with raw drivers either
purchased from Parts Express or Madisound.

Posted to rec.audio.car

bob wald wrote:
down to 20hz...lol you know over 90%of low notes dont go below
26hz......maybe higher. 96%.
if you got beat by alot of 30hz notes in a great box..your ears would
bleed soon id bet....lol
just a example but more true than a joke.

Ever listen to classical music with pipe organs in it? I do... I've
seen the spectrum analysis on certain CDs and some tracks go all the way
down to 5 Hz. Albeit, 15 Hz is more common as the "low" point...

home speakers? bob wald Car Audio 11 August 21st 06 02:38 PM
fa home jbl speakers hydebee Marketplace 0 August 30th 05 04:49 PM
Mitsubishi Home Speakers Joe Steiger High End Audio 2 November 23rd 04 01:26 AM
Hey there, thoughts on Impala speakers, I want a warm sound, spoiled by home speakers..... ReEfEr MaDnEsS Car Audio 0 December 30th 03 04:45 AM
FAQ ? & home vs car speakers & DIY speaker box John Tech 3 December 12th 03 11:47 AM