R. D. Davis

Default Wow and Flutter [was I like wow and flutter]

In article ,
(Radium) writes:
Which software has the "wow and flutter" or something similar that I
can buy from a local computer store (e.g. CompUSA or Fry's, etc)?

There's no need to purhase anything; just download a copy of Csound.
from
http://www.csounds.com and commence hackin' at .orc and .sco
files to create the needed effects. Of course, you may find it
helpful to purchase the Csound book. This way, you don't have to
uncalibrate your tape deck.

--
Copyright (C) 2003 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals:
All Rights Reserved an unnatural belief that we're above Nature &

Radium

(R. D. Davis) wrote in message ...
download a copy of Csound.
from
http://www.csounds.com

There is no download link on their page.

Dave Platt

In article ,
Radium wrote:

download a copy of Csound.
from http://www.csounds.com

There is no download link on their page.

You need to look a bit more thoroughly.

Right side of the page, about a third of the way down, is a "CSound
Program" subbox. There are clickable links for Windows, Mac/PPC,
Linux, Zaurus, and numerous other versions. Each link I've tried goes
to a page which provides download links for various incarnations of
CSound.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Radium

(R. D. Davis) wrote in message ...
There's no need to purhase anything; just download a copy of Csound.
from
http://www.csounds.com and commence hackin' at .orc and .sco
files to create the needed effects.

The program is difficult for an average user, like me, to operate. I
expected something easier to work with, much like those Wavelab and
Pyro softwares. Problem is Wavelab and Pyro don't got those effects.

Radium

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...
Try Adobe Audition

Hopefully this will be easier than Csound.
Radium

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...
Try Adobe Audition

Hopefully this will be easier than Csound.
Radium

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...
Try Adobe Audition

Hopefully this will be easier than Csound.

cwvalle

"R. D. Davis" wrote in message
(Radium) writes:
The program is difficult for an average user, like me, to operate. I
expected something easier to work with, much like those Wavelab and
Pyro softwares. Problem is Wavelab and Pyro don't got those effects.

As you can see, with complexity comes flexibility. Here's an analogy:
It's like UNIX versus MS-Windows. MS-Windows is easy for the average
computer user to use, but it greatly restricts what one can do with
one's computer system. UNIX has a steep learning curve, but once one
learns to use it, one can do much more, with ease. Hence, if you want
to maximize what you can do with computer music, with great
flexibility, it may help if you take the time learn about software
such as Csound. Hint: snarf a copy of Cecilia to go with it, and that
may make things a little easier for you, but, in the long run, if you
learn about Csound before playing with Cecilia, things will actually
be easier. The Csound Book, and CDs that come with it, will help to
make it easier to learn and use. Good luck!

--

&
410-744-4900 her other creatures, using dogma to justify
such
http://www.rddavis.org beliefs and to justify much human cruelty.

Why don't you do this...
Adjust your system for perfect tape reproduction and then
stand in the sweet spot and spin around like a ballerina
If you can't dance then you will need a swivel chair
or a huge lazy susan to sit on
If that doesn't get the desired effect
you will need to mount your speakers on
a monster revolving platform
make sure they are securely fastened
and spin them at the desired frequency
You will need to determine the speed of sound at your altitude to determine
the
appropriate spin speed
and watch out for the flying objects like ashtrays that you may have left on
your speakers tops
Good Luck
Carl
P.S. Let me know how it turns out : [

Electromagnet

"cwvalle" wrote in message om...
Why don't you do this...
Adjust your system for perfect tape reproduction and then
stand in the sweet spot and spin around like a ballerina
If you can't dance then you will need a swivel chair
or a huge lazy susan to sit on
If that doesn't get the desired effect
you will need to mount your speakers on
a monster revolving platform
make sure they are securely fastened
and spin them at the desired frequency
You will need to determine the speed of sound at your altitude to determine
the
appropriate spin speed
and watch out for the flying objects like ashtrays that you may have left on
your speakers tops
Good Luck
Carl
P.S. Let me know how it turns out : [