Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Someone to build a power suppy unit for B&K 4003 (130v)?

I am looking for someone with the knowledge and
expertise to build a power suppy for a pair of high
voltage B&K 4003s mics. 130v

The power supply that's sold through DPA
is already a preamp of sorts and I want to use these
with other preamps as well.

I am willing to pay any Reasonable amount of money
for such a project and I would be most grateful.
I am in New York City.

Thank you so much,
Marco

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

marcogranados wrote ...
I am looking for someone with the knowledge and
expertise to build a power suppy for a pair of high
voltage B&K 4003s mics. 130v

The power supply that's sold through DPA
is already a preamp of sorts and I want to use these
with other preamps as well.

I am willing to pay any Reasonable amount of money
for such a project and I would be most grateful.
I am in New York City.

Remember that there is more to it than just the
power supply. The audio signal out of those HV
mics is single-ended (unbalanced). It may not be
a "conventional" impedance and signal level(?)

There is nothing magic about buying a 130VDC
supply and packaging it with a few connectors,
etc. Is the schematic published?
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote ...
The 4003 is unbalanced and direct coupled thru a
proprietary 4-wire cable. It requires a dedicated
PS/preamp located as close as possible to the
capsule.

There is nothing particularly "proprietary" about the
cable. It is ordinary 2-core, shielded mic cable. The
connectors are ordinary 4-pin XLRs (which are used
to prevent accidentally feeding 130V into a conventional
microphone.)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote ...

AFAICT, only DPA uses it so you can safely say that it's proprietary,
even
if it's a basic asymmetrical cable with two added PS leads...

One added PS lead. (It is only 2-core cable)
One pin of the 4 is unused.