Posted to rec.audio.car
Cheese Boy Cheese Boy is offline

Default I-River too quiet when plugged into a JVC KDDB711

Dear all,

I've recently purchased one of those JVC KDDB711 stereos and have run a
cable from the 2 line in ports atthe bck to my MP3 player (I-river).
This works, but the only amplification I get it from the i-river which
is too quiet to hear on the motorways. Also despite me choosing the
lowest bass setting I can on the mp3 player, the bass is booming on the
car stereo. What on earth have I done wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Cheeseboy

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

We had a question nearly identical to yours recently. It sounds like all
you need is a Headphone Amplifier. They come in all shapes, sizes and price
ranges. Many are battery operated or can be operated by 12 volt. You just
insert it between your iRiver and JVC and it will boost the signal to where
you want it. Here are a few to get you started in your search:

http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.proc....y=0&search=GO

As far as your bass problem, I'm not sure why the bass would be so much
stronger with the iRiver. Perhaps you just need to turn the bass down on
your JVC. Perhaps someone else has an answer.

MOSFET

"Cheese Boy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear all,

I've recently purchased one of those JVC KDDB711 stereos and have run a
cable from the 2 line in ports atthe bck to my MP3 player (I-river).
This works, but the only amplification I get it from the i-river which
is too quiet to hear on the motorways. Also despite me choosing the
lowest bass setting I can on the mp3 player, the bass is booming on the
car stereo. What on earth have I done wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Cheeseboy

Posted to rec.audio.car
Cheese Boy Cheese Boy is offline

Thanks MOSFET, I'll give that a go. It seems odd that you can have a
line in option on your stereo yet still have to buy more hardward to
use it. BTE, the model I have is a JVC KD-DB711 not the one I stated.
Sorry about that.

Thanks again MOSFET.

Cheers

cheeseboy.