Philip Thomas

Default American Made Hardware

I'm curious, does anyone have or know of a website that has a list of hi-fi
equipment that is made in the USA? I know quite a bit of well made hi-fi
equipment comes from Canada and Great Britain, but what about the US?

Thanks,

PT

gothika

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:08:56 GMT, "Philip Thomas"
wrote:

I'm curious, does anyone have or know of a website that has a list of hi-fi
equipment that is made in the USA? I know quite a bit of well made hi-fi
equipment comes from Canada and Great Britain, but what about the US?

I've used a great deal of quality hifi that was US made.
Macintosh amps on the consumer end.
Crown, Tandberg, Soundcraftsman are some of the others I've used over
the years.
There are many here who have info of the later US made gear.
If you want to find it in the retail market you have to go to
commercial outlets.
Virtually all American made stuff is high-end stuff.
Thanks,

PT

USCode

Hi Philip,
I prefer to buy US-made equipment myself and try and keep on top of which
companies are based and manufacture in the US. While I don't have a
website
with a list of exclusively US-made equipment, you are in luck because there
are LOTS to choose from. Just off the top of my head:
Ayre
Audio Research
Rogue Audio
Bel Canto
McCormack/Conrad Johnson
McIntosh
ATI
PS Audio
BAT
Madrigal (Mark Levinson, etc.)
Krell
Sunfire

That's just a VERY small sampling. There are others here who could give you
a much more complete list than I. If you're looking for speaker
manufacturers, the list would be even more extensive. Here's a website
that
while it doesn't list manufacturers by national origin, it does have a
relatively complete list of high-end manufactures to peruse:
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/links/

Good luck and let us know if you find the site you're looking for!
Brian

"Philip Thomas" wrote
I'm curious, does anyone have or know of a website that has a list of

hi-fi
equipment that is made in the USA? I know quite a bit of well made hi-fi
equipment comes from Canada and Great Britain, but what about the US?

USCode

The ones I listed in my email all manufacture their systems here in the US
(containing US and foreign components no doubt).
The link I provided you is a generic listing of many high-end manufacturers,
both foreign and domestic, not just ones that manufacture in the US. I was
just providing you a starting point in your search for US-manufactured
equipment.

"Philip Thomas" wrote
So these companies, manugacture there system here in the US and not
overseas?

Buster Mudd

gothika wrote in message news:z38_b.368152$I06.3854432@attbi_s01...

I've used a great deal of quality hifi that was US made.
Macintosh amps on the consumer end.
Crown, Tandberg, Soundcraftsman are some of the others I've used over
the years.

I thought Tandberg was Norwegian?
USCode

Yeah, I believe Tandberg is Norwegian. Soundcraftsman is no longer in
business and I think Crown is more for the professional market.

Another US-based company that makes "some" of there products here in the US
is Outlaw Audio. They design all their gear here and have their amps made
in the US by ATI. Their processors are made oversears though.
http://www.outlawaudio.com/home.html

"Buster Mudd" wrote in
I've used a great deal of quality hifi that was US made.
Macintosh amps on the consumer end.
Crown, Tandberg, Soundcraftsman are some of the others I've used over
the years.

I thought Tandberg was Norwegian?

Roy

On 2/27/04 1:06 PM, in article sGL%b.69407$Xp.324921@attbi_s54, "USCode"
wrote:

Yeah, I believe Tandberg is Norwegian. Soundcraftsman is no longer in
business and I think Crown is more for the professional market.

Another US-based company that makes "some" of there products here in the US
is Outlaw Audio. They design all their gear here and have their amps made
in the US by ATI. Their processors are made oversears though.
http://www.outlawaudio.com/home.html

"Buster Mudd" wrote in
I've used a great deal of quality hifi that was US made.
Macintosh amps on the consumer end.
Crown, Tandberg, Soundcraftsman are some of the others I've used over
the years.

I thought Tandberg was Norwegian?

Grado headphones are US made.

I personally use a set of AKG K340s though from Austria.
USCode

I think Jolida is US-made as well:
http://www.jolida.com/

The Bankruptcy Of The "Intellectual" Left pyjamarama Audio Opinions 0 April 9th 04 02:27 PM
John Kerry's Trail of Treachery pyjamarama Audio Opinions 0 April 8th 04 12:06 PM
Pyjamamama Sandman Audio Opinions 14 December 16th 03 04:44 AM
Richman's ethical lapses Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 9 December 12th 03 08:16 AM
O.T. Grocery clerks strike Michael Mckelvy Audio Opinions 338 November 14th 03 07:32 PM