Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Alpine Ai-NET and XM Radio Question

I was just wondering if I could use an adapter to convert my Ai-NET
connection on the back of my CDA-9807 Alpine CD player to receieve the
output from my XM radio which are 2 RCA cables? Is the Ai-Net meant to
recieve stereo signals like this?

These adapters are seen on ebay here, has anybody tried this and how
well does it work? it has to be better that using the FM wireless
through an unused station...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alpin...spagenameZWDVW

Does anyone know where I can purchase these locally, like a Best Buy,
Circuit City, etc...

I appreciate anybody's help! Thank you~

GRussinko GRussinko is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I was just wondering if I could use an adapter to convert my Ai-NET
connection on the back of my CDA-9807 Alpine CD player to receieve the
output from my XM radio which are 2 RCA cables? Is the Ai-Net meant to
recieve stereo signals like this?

These adapters are seen on ebay here, has anybody tried this and how
well does it work? it has to be better that using the FM wireless
through an unused station...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alpin...spagenameZWDVW

Does anyone know where I can purchase these locally, like a Best Buy,
Circuit City, etc...

I appreciate anybody's help! Thank you~
The adapter has an Alpine part number KCA-121B, and it looks exactly like the adapter in the link you posted. I got mine at Best Buy, don't remember the exact price but it was less than $20.

Works fine for my iPod and sounds far better than any FM modulator I've used. Passages that used to distort even with a wired modulator now come through clear as could be.
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

It's real easy to this. I have an Alpine 9853 and I have my DVD player
connected to my AiNet inputs. You will need a KCA-121B adaptor (about $20)
and it will have RCA inputs to run your SAT radio through.

MOSFET

wrote in message
ups.com...
I was just wondering if I could use an adapter to convert my Ai-NET
connection on the back of my CDA-9807 Alpine CD player to receieve the
output from my XM radio which are 2 RCA cables? Is the Ai-Net meant to
recieve stereo signals like this?

These adapters are seen on ebay here, has anybody tried this and how
well does it work? it has to be better that using the FM wireless
through an unused station...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alpin...spagenameZWDVW

Does anyone know where I can purchase these locally, like a Best Buy,
Circuit City, etc...

I appreciate anybody's help! Thank you~

Posted to rec.audio.car

Thanks for the reply. I found this adapter at one of the larger Best
Buy stores around here. You were right, @20 bucks. Hope this helps it
sound better, now I just need to improve the antenna for the XM radio
(xm2go) Thanks for your help!