Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sean Conolly Sean Conolly is offline

Default Speaking of headphones...

What type of headphone amps do you guys use while tracking? What I see for
sale are all in the form of 1 stereo input with X many outputs, with
individual output levels. Does anyone make a headphone amp with say four
channels, each with it's own input?

Thanks,
Sean

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Sean Conolly" wrote in message

What type of headphone amps do you guys use while
tracking? What I see for sale are all in the form of 1
stereo input with X many outputs, with individual output
levels. Does anyone make a headphone amp with say four
channels, each with it's own input?

In this day and age, a headphone amp with one output and many inputs with
individual input levels is called a small mixer.

That's how a lot of the smaller Behringer Xenyx and Eurorack mixers are
used, for example.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sean Conolly" wrote in message

What type of headphone amps do you guys use while
tracking? What I see for sale are all in the form of 1
stereo input with X many outputs, with individual output
levels. Does anyone make a headphone amp with say four
channels, each with it's own input?

In this day and age, a headphone amp with one output and many inputs with
individual input levels is called a small mixer.

That's how a lot of the smaller Behringer Xenyx and Eurorack mixers are
used, for example.

Um, ok - but not what I was talking about. Individual inputs AND outputs,
like a mic preamp has.

Sean

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Steve King Steve King is offline

"Sean Conolly" wrote in message
| "Arny Krueger" wrote in message
| "Sean Conolly" wrote in message
|
| What type of headphone amps do you guys use while
| tracking? What I see for sale are all in the form of 1
| stereo input with X many outputs, with individual output
| levels. Does anyone make a headphone amp with say four
| channels, each with it's own input?
|
| In this day and age, a headphone amp with one output and many inputs
with
| individual input levels is called a small mixer.
|
| That's how a lot of the smaller Behringer Xenyx and Eurorack mixers are
| used, for example.
|
| Um, ok - but not what I was talking about. Individual inputs AND outputs,
| like a mic preamp has.
|
| Sean

The Rane HC-6.

Steve King

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Sean Conolly wrote:
What type of headphone amps do you guys use while tracking?

If you mean what do I use to feed to the headphones that the players in
the studio wear, I use a plain ordinary power amplifier (a BGW, just
because I had an unused one) and I've built several breakout boxes with
a few isolated jacks on each to spread around the studio. Everybody gets
the same mix and they damn well better like it. g

Does anyone make a headphone amp with say four
channels, each with it's own input?

I've seen lots of these. And often they'll have two inputs, one for a
main mix and one for "more me" or more something, or for reverb returns.
Behringer makes a functional one for $100 or less.

me he
)

Posted to rec.audio.pro
genericaudioperson genericaudioperson is offline

Presonus has a bunch of small blue boxes. I believe they make a small
4 channel headphone monitoring box in that series.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford Ty Ford is offline

What type of headphone amps do you guys use while tracking?

Rane.

Ty Ford

Guitar player?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWaPRHMGhGA

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Sean Conolly wrote:
What type of headphone amps do you guys use while tracking? What I see for
sale are all in the form of 1 stereo input with X many outputs, with
individual output levels. Does anyone make a headphone amp with say four
channels, each with it's own input?

I think Rane and RDL both make the kind of thing you're looking for.

I use an old Hafler power amplifier run into a headphone distribution box,
personally. One mix for everyone.