Posted to rec.audio.car
Troy T. Troy T. is offline

Default HU recomendations

Hello everyone,

I am still building up my stereo system and i am on speakers and the
HU. i have my speakers picked out and im struggling with the HU. There
are so many out there.I am mainly leaning towards the Alpine HU's
(9856). I was curious to see what everyone thought her, you guys have
akot my expierence then i do. If anyone knows of any HU that they like
and recomend i would greatly appreciate it. What i want is one with 3
preamp outputs and ipod control. This is why i like the Alpine 9856.

Also got a question on amps. Do the RMS and Peak power ratings have to
match or can they be alittle off. I always thought thet companies made
amps to go with the speakers. Guess i was wrong!

Here is a link to the speakers im lookin at
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=14401

Thank you in advance for the help

Troy T.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

There was recently a similar question to yours regarding the Alpine 9857.
have some STRONG opinions regarding Alpine's new HU's and you may want to
take a look at what we wrote.

MOSFET

"Troy T." wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Ericfg Ericfg is offline

I haven't read Mosfet's article on Alpine but I've always liked Alpine.
I have a JVC right now and it's worn out and getting ready to be
replaced but it's done well for 5+ years so I'd recommend them, also.
Currently I'm looking at Sony products and I've noticed they have aux
inputs on the front for ipods etc.
the wattage question. Make sure the RMS rating on the speakers is
higher than on the amp or at least equal. Never lower.
Good luck.