THE SPACE BOSS

Default WIFE TOUCHING STEREO EQUIPMENT

My wife destroyed the last tape deck I had by putting the tape in upside down
and trying to push the door shut. It's never worked right since, and makes a
"humming" noise when it's running. Even after sending it out to get fixed it
still doesn't work.

So, I bought a beautiful new duel deck and installed in the other day. I
usually sleep late, and when I got up, I noticed the tape deck was on. When I
asked her about this, she said "Oh I tried to play a tape but I couldn't get it
to work". Her approach to everything it just to "push buttons" until she hears
something. So I don't know if she's done the same thing now to this deck or
not. But that's not the worst of it:

Upon further examination of the equipment, I noticed that there was what looked
like a greasy fingerprint on the "on/off" switch of my Adcom GFP-565 which I
had spent a lot of time and money tracking one down in mint condition. When I
went to take a damp cloth and wipe it off, I discovered that the finger print
was actually made by NAIL GLUE (same as "crazy glue"). One of her nails had
come off and she glued it back on, and apparantly she had the glue on her
fingers. I figured she couldn't be so dumb as to screw the system up simply by
turning it ON, but I was wrong.

Any comments/suggestions?
Karl Uppiano

Any comments/suggestions?

Lockable multimedia cabinet. You keep the keys.

John A. Weeks III

In article , THE SPACE
BOSS wrote:

My wife destroyed the last tape deck I had by putting the tape in upside down
and trying to push the door shut.

One of her nails had
come off and she glued it back on, and apparantly she had the glue on her
fingers. I figured she couldn't be so dumb as to screw the system up simply by
turning it ON, but I was wrong.

Any comments/suggestions?

You need to decide if you want to keep her or not. If you do, then
you are going to have to "train" her better on how to behave. Each
time she gets near the stereo, backhand her in the jaw. A few times
and she should get the message. Let me know if this helps or not.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Jerry G.

It's called "Buy Your Wife Her Own Sound System". It's worth the
investment. Take it from someone who is experienced at this!

--

Greetings,

Jerry G.

"THE SPACE BOSS" wrote in message
[...]

Geoff Wood

THE SPACE BOSS wrote:

Any comments/suggestions?

Get a new one.

geoff

Pooh Bear

"Jerry G." wrote:

It's called "Buy Your Wife Her Own Sound System".

From K-Mart presumably ?

It's worth the
investment. Take it from someone who is experienced at this!

Some gals actually like good sound and don't screw up the gear.

Pause for thought ?

Graham

Mark D. Zacharias

[...]

My wife is a technophobe but still does this. Pushes a button, decides in
about a millisecond that nothing is happening, pushes another button etc.
Then another, then another, etc. The Onkyo I had was too slow and she
sometimes got it locked up this way. A Sony is better, but she still calls
it a piece of S*** when it doesn't respond exactly how she wants to her
unknowledgeable attempts.
Come to think of it, she's about the same way to me a lot of the time...

Hmmm...

Mark Z.

anybody-but-bush

:
[...]

Wait till you have kids! This will seem insignificant by then.
Phil Abbate

Jason Vigo

Get a new wife.

nntp

Wife or system?

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message
THE SPACE BOSS wrote:

Any comments/suggestions?

Get a new one.

geoff

CJT

nntp wrote:

Wife or system?

Post naked pictures of both on the Web someplace and we'll decide.

"Geoff Wood" -nospam wrote in message

THE SPACE BOSS wrote:

Any comments/suggestions?

Get a new one.

geoff

Randy Yates

(THE SPACE BOSS) writes:

[...]

Give her something else to do with her hands?
--
Randy Yates
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
THE SPACE BOSS

The thing is, I thought this was something that I'd be able to share with her,
and never imagined that someone could be so stupid as to **** something up just
by turning the switch on, but of course she proved me wrong. It's the stupidity
that makes me the most angry. I'm thinking of having her reimburse me the money
I paid for the unit, then I won't feel so bad about it since I didn't pay for
it. Sorry just doesn't cut it this time.
THE SPACE BOSS

Is she stupid or ignorant? Big difference.

I'd say switching on the ON button of my pre-amp just after re-applying a nail
that came off and leaving a finger print of crazy glue on the button falls in
the stupid category. Wouldn't you?
Mark D. Zacharias

"THE SPACE BOSS" wrote in message

Is she stupid or ignorant? Big difference.

I'd say switching on the ON button of my pre-amp just after re-applying a
nail
that came off and leaving a finger print of crazy glue on the button falls
in
the stupid category. Wouldn't you?

With respect - and as much as I sympathize - I think you've got other issues
at work here. Most of us probably do.

Mark Z.

Laurence Payne

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:41:30 GMT, "Rich.Andrews"
wrote:

I'd say switching on the ON button of my pre-amp just after re-applying
a nail that came off and leaving a finger print of crazy glue on the
button falls in the stupid category. Wouldn't you?

What other things has she done that you would class as stupid?

Apart from marrying him :-)

THE SPACE BOSS wrote:
: Any comments/suggestions?

Rewire your decks so that pressing the ON switch sends a hefty current
through the operator.

Scott

Chad Wahls

"Jerry G." wrote in message
It's called "Buy Your Wife Her Own Sound System". It's worth the
investment. Take it from someone who is experienced at this!

--

Did that once, She couldn't unserstand that 25W of tube couldn't shake
walls, she got the flame linear 400 and a pair of old rock-em-sock-em

Chad

Per Stromgren

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:12:24 -0500, "Chad Wahls"
wrote:

"Jerry G." wrote in message
It's called "Buy Your Wife Her Own Sound System". It's worth the
investment. Take it from someone who is experienced at this!

--

Did that once, She couldn't unserstand that 25W of tube couldn't shake
walls, she got the flame linear 400 and a pair of old rock-em-sock-em
JBL's. Perfect for her classic rock desires

Chad

Are you guys really serious? You talk about your women as they are
some kind of furniture or low-IQ pets. Is this normal in the USA? Why
do you marry?

Per.

NO SPAM

wrote:

"Jerry G." wrote in message
It's called "Buy Your Wife Her Own Sound System". It's worth the
investment. Take it from someone who is experienced at this!

--

Did that once, She couldn't unserstand that 25W of tube couldn't shake
walls, she got the flame linear 400 and a pair of old rock-em-sock-em
JBL's. Perfect for her classic rock desires

Chad

Are you guys really serious? You talk about your women as they are
some kind of furniture or low-IQ pets. Is this normal in the USA? Why
do you marry?

Per.

Not all women are dumb, but there are a few!!!!!!!!!!! And boy do they make
up for the rest. As to marrying, hell, if things keep going as they are,
that will be a term in history books. No one gives a crap about the other -
not like it used to be. Ya got to wonder why they bother. I was married
once, and won't do it again. I'll live with the cow and get the milk free -
first.

NS

Dick Pierce

wrote:

"Jerry G." wrote in message
It's called "Buy Your Wife Her Own Sound System". It's worth the
investment. Take it from someone who is experienced at this!

--

Did that once, She couldn't unserstand that 25W of tube couldn't shake
walls, she got the flame linear 400 and a pair of old rock-em-sock-em
JBL's. Perfect for her classic rock desires

Are you guys really serious? You talk about your women as they are
some kind of furniture or low-IQ pets. Is this normal in the USA?

Only amongst the inbred Bud and NASCAR set.

Why do you marry?

Because it is the only way that, having met a woman, they have
any prayer of holding on to her. A lot of otherwise reasonable
women hate lawyers more than they hate these types.
GMAN

wrote:

"Jerry G." wrote in message
It's called "Buy Your Wife Her Own Sound System". It's worth the
investment. Take it from someone who is experienced at this!

--

Did that once, She couldn't unserstand that 25W of tube couldn't shake
walls, she got the flame linear 400 and a pair of old rock-em-sock-em
JBL's. Perfect for her classic rock desires

Chad

Are you guys really serious? You talk about your women as they are
some kind of furniture or low-IQ pets. Is this normal in the USA? Why
do you marry?

Per.

Oh come now, do you really think we all want to kill our wives????

Where would our sex come from?
Laurence Payne

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:50:26 +0200, Per Stromgren
wrote:

Are you guys really serious? You talk about your women as they are
some kind of furniture or low-IQ pets. Is this normal in the USA? Why
do you marry?

WIFE.

Washing
Ironing
F***ing
Etc.
Chad Wahls

wrote:

"Jerry G." wrote in message
It's called "Buy Your Wife Her Own Sound System". It's worth the
investment. Take it from someone who is experienced at this!

--

Did that once, She couldn't unserstand that 25W of tube couldn't shake
walls, she got the flame linear 400 and a pair of old rock-em-sock-em
JBL's. Perfect for her classic rock desires

Chad

Are you guys really serious? You talk about your women as they are
some kind of furniture or low-IQ pets. Is this normal in the USA? Why
do you marry?

Per.

Yes I'm serious. I set her up with a system that some people I know would
trade their first born for, comprised of mint "vintage" equipment. Her
listening requirements were different than a small tube amp with 7591's
could produce, 7591's are expensive you know. She's not a low IQ pet,
infact more successful than I am, the second system was a compromise to make
everyone happy. That's what marrage is about. She was brought up around
music and really did not scoff at a pair of JBL L122's, a Crown IC150, Crown
FM1, Harmon Kardon CD391, Phase linear 400, Techincs SL1200II, and Studer
A725. If I didn't think she would have appreciated it she would have gotten
the Wally-World special.

Unfortunately she did not appreciate magonomy, and much of the system has
been parted (given/loaned) out to friends/family. BUT my 7591's are less
nervous

Per, If you think men are bad you should get in a group of women and listen
to them talk about their partners. You may change your mind about our pig
ignorance.

Chad

Best Stereo Receiver $250-300?? rdamor Audio Opinions 16 March 6th 07 02:36 AM
Stereo Microphone, Record live sound with amazing depth! Techyhed General 0 January 31st 04 04:23 AM
Stereo Microphone, Record live sound with amazing depth! Techyhed General 0 January 31st 04 03:55 AM
Car stereo Mark Pro Audio 11 December 5th 03 11:49 PM
1ms to 100ms Stereo Delay converting to Mono Question/Problem... Roach Pro Audio 8 November 21st 03 05:33 AM