Ken Bouchard

Default CD labels

anybody got a recommendation for blank CD labels that are thick enough to
hide the printing on the CD face. I'm currently using Memorex labels and
have to use two. I use Fuji Film CDR's and haven't yet found any with an all
white front like some of the cheaper ones.

thanks,

--
1st Class Restoration
"Put your old music on CD"

Scott Dorsey

Ken Bouchard wrote:
anybody got a recommendation for blank CD labels that are thick enough to
hide the printing on the CD face. I'm currently using Memorex labels and
have to use two. I use Fuji Film CDR's and haven't yet found any with an all
white front like some of the cheaper ones.

Taiyo Yudens and Mitsuis are both available with blank fronts.

Double labels seem like a bad idea to me. One of them is enough to screw
things up on cheaper players that have trouble with undersized motors.

Ken Bouchard

Yes, "unbranded" (nothing written on the cd) FujiFilm cd's are nowhere to be
found on the web. Even though I like Fuji, I'm going to try Mitsui silver
because like you said, they DO come "unbranded" and the quality looks good.

thanks,

--

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Ken Bouchard wrote:
anybody got a recommendation for blank CD labels that are thick enough to
hide the printing on the CD face. I'm currently using Memorex labels and
have to use two. I use Fuji Film CDR's and haven't yet found any with an

all
white front like some of the cheaper ones.

Taiyo Yudens and Mitsuis are both available with blank fronts.

Double labels seem like a bad idea to me. One of them is enough to screw
things up on cheaper players that have trouble with undersized motors.

Troy

Fuji CDs are made by Taiyo Yuden or at least they use to be.I think they
switched to another company recently.If you go with Taiyo Yuden or Mitsui
you will have no problems.

Ken Bouchard wrote:
anybody got a recommendation for blank CD labels that are thick enough

hide the printing on the CD face. I'm currently using Memorex labels

and
have to use two. I use Fuji Film CDR's and haven't yet found any with

an
all
white front like some of the cheaper ones.

Taiyo Yudens and Mitsuis are both available with blank fronts.

Double labels seem like a bad idea to me. One of them is enough to

screw
things up on cheaper players that have trouble with undersized motors.

JWV Miller

You might want to invest in a casio thermal CD printer instead. Paper
labels can wrinkle and may also damage the CD surface in addition to
other problems mentioned in this thread. The printers cost around $75
but the results look quite professional and the printing is durable.
The printer ribbons are fairly expensive (end cost is about the same
as paper labels) but the end results are worth the expense.

"Ken Bouchard" wrote in message ...
anybody got a recommendation for blank CD labels that are thick enough to
hide the printing on the CD face. I'm currently using Memorex labels and
have to use two. I use Fuji Film CDR's and haven't yet found any with an all
white front like some of the cheaper ones.

thanks,

Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

I use personally creation blanks (made in Greece)and ordinary markers for
the label surface.I can't give you advice for more professional
labeling;maybe you can buy printable cds, I think you can print them in an
ordinary inkjet.

--
Dimitris Tzortzakakis,Iraklion Crete,Greece
Analogue technology rules-digital sucks
anybody got a recommendation for blank CD labels that are thick enough to
hide the printing on the CD face. I'm currently using Memorex labels and
have to use two. I use Fuji Film CDR's and haven't yet found any with an

all
white front like some of the cheaper ones.

thanks,

--
1st Class Restoration
"Put your old music on CD"
www.dvbaudiorestoration.com

Norbert Hahn

"Ken Bouchard" wrote:

anybody got a recommendation for blank CD labels that are thick enough to
hide the printing on the CD face. I'm currently using Memorex labels and
have to use two. I use Fuji Film CDR's and haven't yet found any with an all
white front like some of the cheaper ones.

CD labels are usefull for short term labeling only. During a long term
storage the label my either absorb or emit water depending on the humidity
of the room where the CD is stored. This may cause the label to shrink or
expand and will in turn bend the CD. So the outer parts of a CD will no
longer be readable. There's no way to remove the label without completely
damaging the CD. This kind of problem will usually develop 4 years after
printing the label...

Norbert

Guinness Mann

Ken Bouchard wrote:
Yes, "unbranded" (nothing written on the cd) FujiFilm cd's
are nowhere to be found on the web. Even though I like Fuji,

Troy replied:
Fuji CDs are made by Taiyo Yuden or at least they use to be.

http://www.rima.com -- Taiyo Yuden 52X CD-R's, $0.28/ea

--Rick

CD labels Ken Bouchard General 11 May 28th 04 08:07 PM
CD labels Ken Bouchard Audio Opinions 8 May 28th 04 08:07 PM
CD labels Mike Rivers Audio Opinions 0 May 24th 04 08:03 PM
Music Labels Tap Downloading Networks Rob Adelman Pro Audio 0 November 17th 03 09:30 PM
Question about CD labels and head units tdurden45 Car Audio 4 September 25th 03 12:15 AM