Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default multitracks for mixing practice

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 1:58:37 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

We (r.a.p.) should have a mixing competition!!!

How about it, Peter, up to the challenge!!??

Jack

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 17-12-2015 16:48, JackA wrote:

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 1:58:37 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

We (r.a.p.) should have a mixing competition!!!

How about it, Peter, up to the challenge!!??

I'll keep it in mind, but first a bit of cpu tinkering and perhaps
getting a new DAW ready to have my Sony audio and music software
installed on. Nothing promised ...

Jack

- Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 12:06:59 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 17-12-2015 16:48, JackA wrote:

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 1:58:37 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

We (r.a.p.) should have a mixing competition!!!

How about it, Peter, up to the challenge!!??

I'll keep it in mind, but first a bit of cpu tinkering and perhaps
getting a new DAW ready to have my Sony audio and music software
installed on. Nothing promised ...

Okay, not isolating you, just thought it'd be hear how other people would mix/enhance.

Thanks!

Jack

Jack

- Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 18/12/2015 6:07 a.m., Peter Larsen wrote:

I'll keep it in mind, but first a bit of cpu tinkering and perhaps
getting a new DAW ready to have my Sony audio and music software
installed on. Nothing promised ...

Jack '3k' Ass

- Peter Larsen

Vegas, Sound Forge, and Acid ?

Vegas remains my 'go-to' for straightforward audio recording and mixing.

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 3:36:20 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 18/12/2015 6:07 a.m., Peter Larsen wrote:

I'll keep it in mind, but first a bit of cpu tinkering and perhaps
getting a new DAW ready to have my Sony audio and music software
installed on. Nothing promised ...

Jack '3k' Ass

- Peter Larsen

Vegas, Sound Forge, and Acid ?

Vegas remains my 'go-to' for straightforward audio recording and mixing.

Sony Stuff? No thanks!!!

Jack

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 3:36:20 PM UTC-5, geoff wrote:
On 18/12/2015 6:07 a.m., Peter Larsen wrote:

I'll keep it in mind, but first a bit of cpu tinkering and perhaps
getting a new DAW ready to have my Sony audio and music software
installed on. Nothing promised ...

Jack '3k' Ass

- Peter Larsen

Vegas, Sound Forge, and Acid ?

Vegas remains my 'go-to' for straightforward audio recording and mixing.

geoff

Vegas didn't have anything better to offer, so they went for 64 bit. Sorry, Sony people are idiots. (Once) great electronics though!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 17-12-2015 21:36, geoff wrote:

On 18/12/2015 6:07 a.m., Peter Larsen wrote:

I'll keep it in mind, but first a bit of cpu tinkering and perhaps
getting a new DAW ready to have my Sony audio and music software
installed on. Nothing promised ...

- Peter Larsen

Vegas, Sound Forge, and Acid ?

Sony Movie Editor, Sound Forge and Acid. I have been riding the upgrade
train since someone, perhaps here, told me of a crossgrade-offer for
Acid. I never really did get to use it, but it paved the way and I plain
like Audition3 very much, except that it is not easy to export presets
from it, Cool Edit got something very right as it was at least possible
without using a registry editor, which is what appears to be relevant
for the later Adobe incarnations.

Vegas remains my 'go-to' for straightforward audio recording and mixing.

Sony Movie Editor, or whatever they call it, is the "lite version". It
fits my brain and is nice to work in. I got a USD 99 upgrade offer to
Magix Movies because I have a couple of old versions, and went for it,
not to edit in it, I plain do not like it, but for the effects,
including the stabilizer it has and notably its gamma correction
plug-in. And yes, it is my intention to go for the full Vegas.

geoff

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 17-12-2015 18:49, JackA wrote:

On Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 12:06:59 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:

On 17-12-2015 16:48, JackA wrote:

On Friday, November 27, 2015 at 1:58:37 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
http://www.cambridge-mt.com/ms-mtk.htm

We (r.a.p.) should have a mixing competition!!!

How about it, Peter, up to the challenge!!??

I'll keep it in mind, but first a bit of cpu tinkering and perhaps
getting a new DAW ready to have my Sony audio and music software
installed on. Nothing promised ...

Okay, not isolating you, just thought it'd be hear how other people would mix/enhance.

No problem, my interest in that link has a lot to do with making mix
examples now that the Raw Tracks site almost isn't there anymore.

- Peter Larsen

Thanks!

Jack

Jack

- Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nil[_2_] Nil[_2_] is offline

On 17 Dec 2015, Peter Larsen wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Sony Movie Editor, Sound Forge and Acid. I have been riding the
upgrade train since someone, perhaps here, told me of a
crossgrade-offer for Acid. I never really did get to use it, but
it paved the way and I plain like Audition3 very much, except that
it is not easy to export presets from it, Cool Edit got something
very right as it was at least possible without using a registry
editor, which is what appears to be relevant for the later Adobe
incarnations.

Audition 3's effects presets are contained in a file called
"effect_settings.xml". It's a plain text file and the presets can be
carefully copied from there and pasted into the appropriate section of
Audition 2's "Audition.ini". I don't think any of the presets are
stored in the registry.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 18-12-2015 06:58, Nil wrote:

On 17 Dec 2015, Peter Larsen wrote in
rec.audio.pro:

Sony Movie Editor, Sound Forge and Acid. I have been riding the
upgrade train since someone, perhaps here, told me of a
crossgrade-offer for Acid. I never really did get to use it, but
it paved the way and I plain like Audition3 very much, except that
it is not easy to export presets from it, Cool Edit got something
very right as it was at least possible without using a registry
editor, which is what appears to be relevant for the later Adobe
incarnations.

Audition 3's effects presets are contained in a file called
"effect_settings.xml". It's a plain text file and the presets can be
carefully copied from there and pasted into the appropriate section of
Audition 2's "Audition.ini". I don't think any of the presets are
stored in the registry.

Thank you so very much!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen