Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Stearns Frank Stearns is offline

Default Will everyone stop saying tic

writes:

To BIll: PUt your pistol to your temple and get religion.
Also to bill: See the tag line.

Hi Richard -

Personally, I dislike straying too far from audio in this group, but I'll do so for
a moment anyway.

I won't make a public guess as to your politics. But if you're on the left, your
suggestion to Bill in the above line feeds a stereotype -- the one that those on the
left (who generally proclaim themselves more feeling and caring) somehow ultimately
degrade into goose-steppers and want to kill or see killed those who think
differently...

(Hold up there, pardner -- I wasn't saying that YOU are a goose-stepper, I'm just
saying that some statements any of us might make can feed stereotypes.)

If you're on the right, then you're also feeding yet another stereotype, but from
that side.

This is of course a public forum, and often we complain about S/N ratios here. (And
here I am tossing in my own little blast of off-topic white noise. w)

But somehow the edginess of your suggestion of an ultimate-action to Bill seems out
of place, regardless of any of his "transgressions" in this public form, or how
incorrect you believe his thinking might be.

I hope you might reconsider. If you or others can't persuade him in a civil manner,
may I suggest simply ignoring him?

And then let's get back to arguing about how many bits can dance on the head of Pin
2 (or is it Pin 3?), and whether my Grace preamps are "warm" and your Millenia's
"sterile" (or is it the other way around; I forget...)

Best,

Frank
Mobile Audio
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

On 2011-07-05 said:
writes:
To BIll: PUt your pistol to your temple and get religion.
Also to bill: See the tag line.

Personally, I dislike straying too far from audio in this group,
but I'll do so for
a moment anyway.
I won't make a public guess as to your politics. But if you're on
the left, your
suggestion to Bill in the above line feeds a stereotype -- the one
that those on the
left (who generally proclaim themselves more feeling and caring)
somehow ultimately
degrade into goose-steppers and want to kill or see killed those
who think differently...

Understood. AS for trying to reason with Bill, I"ve seen
many try that in this group. I tire of even seeing the
quotes of his drivel however, as you and I have both noted,
it detracts from the reason we come here. That doesn't
change the fact that those are my wishes for Bill from the
bottom of my heart. THis comes from neither the far right,
or the far left.

I enjoy a good political discussion, in the appropriate
forum, and with folks who can rationally discuss the issues
from any point of view. But, as we've all seen, folks can't
avoid quoting his articles, and they consume all the
bandwidth in this group for weeks at a time. According to
his threat he's going to frequent some other forum, and I
encourage that wholeheartedly. HE's made himself quite
unwelcome here in the last year or so.
NOw we can get back to figuring out, as you say, how many
bits can dance on the head of a pin, or arguing about the
definition of "warmer" grin.

Regards,

Richard webb,

replace anything before at with elspider
ON site audio in the southland: see
www.gatasound.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
PStamler PStamler is offline

On Jul 5, 4:40*pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:

Since that is the case, and I am obviously surrounded by idiots, I will bow
out of this group and let you stew in your own stupidity. There is no sense
to my wasting my time with you.

Bye. Don't look back.

Peace,
Paul
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Bill Graham wrote:
And so what's your point? What has any of that to do with our constitutional
right to keep and bear arms?

Nothing, but since this is an audio newsgroup, it doesn't really matter.

The fact of the matter is this. You can't refute the logic of my arguments.
So, you throw mud at me. This is juvenile and meaningless, and doesn't
convince anyone with any common sense of the surpeiority of your position.

You're the person who first started throwing mud, and more than that, you are
the first person who started this whole irrelevant tangent that is not about
audio at all.

Please, this is an audio group. Take it to rec.politics.guns.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Bill Graham wrote:

You call me bieng right, and you being wrong, "insulting to you"? If I am
wrong, then give me some logical answer to my assertions, and stop being a
stupid liberal.....:^)

No, I call your calling everyone a stupid liberal insulting. Some people
here are liberals, some aren't. This has nothing to do with whether they
are stupid, what they think about guns, or anything about audio.

I don't CARE about your assertions. Really, nobody here does. But they
DO care about being insulted.

Do you often go up to people you meet in the supermarket and say things
like "I call you a liberal because you're stupid?" I suspect you don't
actually behave this way in real life.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

John Williamson wrote:
Bill Graham wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
timewarp2008 wrote:
On Jul 4, 6:07 pm, "Bill Graham" wrote:
John Williamson wrote:
I'm afraid that Mr. Graham is so far embedded in his fantasy that
he can't get back to reality.
Why can't you carry on a reasonable discussion with me without
disparaging my character?

He wasn't disparaging your character. He was disparaging your
intelligence, common
sense, sanity, your grasp of reality, but not your character.
You're a moron, and you
are totally out of touch wiht the real world. You live in your own
Little Willie Bizarro
Fantasy world. And you have shown neither the intelligence,
ability, or desire to carry
on a reasonable discussion.

There are plenty of reasons to disparage your character. You're an
whiner, a troll,
a coward, a criminal, a criminal who blusters and boasts about
being a criminal,
a clueless turd, and a persistent and malicious troll. Those, and
more, are plenty
of reason to disparage your character.

But he wasn't doing that. He was just pointing out that you live
in a fantasy world.
You've gone to enormous lengths to prove that, over and over again.
So what's
your problem with someone agreeing with you?

Most local junior colleges teach debating, and have a debating
team.

... as old-fashioned irony meters all across Usenet explode ...

By Jove, that just saved me lot of typing...

And so what's your point? What has any of that to do with our
constitutional right to keep and bear arms?

The fact of the matter is this. You can't refute the logic of my
arguments. So, you throw mud at me. This is juvenile and meaningless,
and doesn't convince anyone with any common sense of the surpeiority
of your position.

The fact is that *you* can't see the illogicality of *your* arguments.
You're the *only* poster in this thread with your extreme viewpoint.

Well, why can't you demonstrate the, "illogicality of my arguments", without
resorting to calling me names, or disparaging my character? Is that the best
you can do? All I am saying is that the second amendment protects my natural
right to keep and bear arms, and I have lived by this belief all of my adult
life. If you can read something else into that amendment, then please do so.
But if you can't, then why does that make me an idiot, or stupid, or a
criminal, or anything else you have called me? Why is it wrong for me to
insist that you avail yourselves of the methods outlined in the constitution
to change it, rather than misinterpreting it incorrectly for your own
purposes?

No. The logic of my position is irrifutable. You are simply, wrong. And
don't have the intellectual integrity to admit it, either. It is not worth
my time and effort to bother with you. You are like a bunch of chickens,
gathering around one of their numbers and pecking him to death. You are
disgusting in both your stupidity and dishonesty. I would be well advised to
simply break off any communication with you for that reason. Trying to carry
on any reasonable discussion with you about any subject is a complete waste
of my time.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
You're the person who first started throwing mud, and more than that,
you are the first person who started this whole irrelevant tangent
that is not about audio at all.

Neither of these two things are true. I argue a rational position. I don't
throw mud, or call my opponents names. And, furthermore, I didn't start this
discussion. I never start such things on forums where it is not proper.
Someone else started it, or made some comment about it that I found
offensive, and caused me to jump in and correct them. That is always the
case, and when I go back and research the posts, that's what I always find.

No, you are just unhappy with me because you can't refute my logic, and my
position disagrees with yours. None of you have the intellectual integrity
to admit you are wrong, or that your position is illogical.

That's all right. I am not surprised. 75 years of living with stupid
liberals has taught me a lot about the way people think and what I can
expect from them. It is why I turned down a chance to get into law and took
up mathematics instead. It was a wise decision. It has kept my blood
pressure at a very manageable level.

Now, if I can just keep the Robin Hooders at bay, and hold on to what little
money I have left until my death, I will be home free and will have escaped
with a reasonably good life experience behind me. A lot of people have sure
done a lot worse.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

Missles don't win wars.

Funny, I thought that was how you got Japan to surrender!
Not to mention the number of non nuclear ones you dropped on Iraq. You sure
wouldn't have "won" there without them.
(and yes I use the term "won" loosely in that case)

You had no luck against North Korea, North Vietnam, or Afghanastan using
more conventional weapons however.

In the final analysis, somebody, armed with a portable gun, has to come to
your door and drag you out into the street.

Only those still alive. Hell you even designed the neutron bomb so you
wouldn't have to, without even damaging the buildings!

If every house on the block contains a citizen (or two) armed with a
handgun, then you are going to have a real hard time "winning" your
war......

And even if they don't apparently. Just how many North Koreans, Vietnamese,
Afghani's etc do you believe owned handguns? The real problem for your army
seems to be IED's etc. How many of those do you own I wonder?

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Yes. And I need a knife just to break into the new candy bars.... I am
sure glad I live here, where I can carry one. (and a gun too)

No wonder you need a gun if you can't open a candy bar without a knife. But
how the hell do you lift a gun I wonder?

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
But they avoid places like small towns in Arizona where the citizens are
encouraged to carry guns. Why do you think there are so many gang members
in the big cities? (where gun ownership is outlawed)

It's the nature of big cities, made worse by your poor welfare system. Our
small towns have less crime than any of yours do, even with guns outlawed
everywhere here.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

timewarp2008 wrote:
On Jul 5, 6:13 pm, John Williamson
wrote:
Bill Graham lied:
Since that is the case, and I am obviously surrounded by idiots, I will
bow out of this group and let you stew in your own stupidity. There is
no sense to my wasting my time with you.

Thank you.

What are you thanking him for? Pretending to
go away? In case you didn't notice, Little Willie
was back crapping all over the NG less than
ten minutes after pretending he was leaving.

Business as Willie usual.

I thought that this time, he might do as he said. It seems I was wrong.
Hey, ho.....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 18:27:31 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Scott Dorsey wrote:
You're the person who first started throwing mud, and more than that,
you are the first person who started this whole irrelevant tangent
that is not about audio at all.

Neither of these two things are true. I argue a rational position. I don't
throw mud, or call my opponents names. And, furthermore, I didn't start this
discussion. I never start such things on forums where it is not proper.
Someone else started it, or made some comment about it that I found
offensive, and caused me to jump in and correct them. That is always the
case, and when I go back and research the posts, that's what I always find.

You started it in this post:

No, you are just unhappy with me because you can't refute my logic, and my
position disagrees with yours. None of you have the intellectual integrity
to admit you are wrong, or that your position is illogical.

You so-called logic has been refuted by virtually every person that
has replied to you.

That's all right. I am not surprised. 75 years of living with stupid
liberals has taught me a lot about the way people think and what I can
expect from them. It is why I turned down a chance to get into law and took
up mathematics instead. It was a wise decision. It has kept my blood
pressure at a very manageable level.

You are one of the very few who live among stupid liberals. In my
experience the vast majority of liberals tend to be very sensible. It
sounds like you have made some very poor life choices, your
neighborhood being among them.

Now, if I can just keep the Robin Hooders at bay, and hold on to what little
money I have left until my death, I will be home free and will have escaped
with a reasonably good life experience behind me. A lot of people have sure
done a lot worse.

You will die as you live - a sad and bitter man.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 14:40:47 -0700, "Bill Graham"

On 2011-07-05 (ScottDorsey) said:
Why can't you stick to the issues and demonstrate to me why my
logic is bad, instead of just throwing mud? And, if you cannot do
this, why don't you just shut up?
Because he's tired of your insulting him.

INdeed, and even on audio topics MR. Graham hurls insults at
people who've tried to inform him, in every thread he's
involved himself in since he first appeared on this
newsgroup. Many of us, including MR. Dorsey have been the
targets of this old ignormant fool's insults, so of course
we disrespect him.

To BIll: PUt your pistol to your temple and get religion.
Also to bill: See the tag line.

Anyone who goes back and reads these peots, and says that I am the one who
does all the insulting, and you guys are the ones who stick to the issues
and offer up reasonable arguments, must be out of their minds. In fact,
exactly the opposite is trueThe facts are simple. When backed into a corner
by my logic, you guys resort to spewing insults instead of having the good
manners to admit defeat.

Since that is the case, and I am obviously surrounded by idiots, I will bow
out of this group and let you stew in your own stupidity. There is no sense
to my wasting my time with you.

Don't let the door hit you as you go.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Frank Frank is offline

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 06:30:25 +0100, in 'rec.audio.pro',
in article Will everyone stop saying tic,
John Williamson wrote:

wrote:

NOw we can get back to figuring out, as you say, how many
bits can dance on the head of a pin, or arguing about the
definition of "warmer" grin.

A`slight raising of the alto/ baritone speech frequency levels, and
maybe a touch of extra bass, with only odd order harmonic distortion?
Puts on flameproof suit

I promised myself that I wasn't going to post again to this thread,
but I simply can't let this stand.

As *everyone* knows, John, it's the *even-ordered* harmonics that add
warmth.

And while I'm at it, why can't people learn the difference between
advice and advise?

Proper usage: I will advise you by offering you advice.

Incorrect example: Can anyone offer me advise on this problem?

Correct example: Can anyone offer me advice on this problem?

Regards,

--
Frank, Independent Consultant, New York, NY
[Please remove 'nojunkmail.' from address to reply via e-mail.]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Bill Graham wrote:
I deliberately break laws that are repugnant to the Constitution. Not
only that, but I believe every good citizen should be honor bound to
do so, so I am just being a good citizen. My mantra is what Spencer
Tracy said in, "Judgement at Nuremberg"..... It is not the right, but
the responsibility, for good citizens to break bad laws.

Laws made in defiance of the Constitution are bad laws, and should
be.....No, MUST be disobeyed. Otherwise, the document will become
less and less valid, and we will lose the very basis of our free
country forever.

And I bet you'd be the first to say that those who break those laws that you
*do* approve of should be shot (Figuratively. Hopefully...) !

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Bill Graham wrote:
When I was in the Navy, back in '56 - '60, every ship's quarterdeck
crew wore a colt 45 on their waist. I don't know if they still do
that today. But most policemen carry a concealed weapon even when
they are off duty. And its a good thing, too. They have been able to
prevent many crimes by doing so. I wish the law dictated that
everyone had to carry one. Talk about making all the muggers leave
town!

Here not even the police routinely carry guns. And few people get shot - by
the goodies or the badies.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Frank Stearns wrote:
I won't make a public guess as to your politics. But if you're on the left, your
suggestion to Bill in the above line feeds a stereotype -- the one that those on the
left (who generally proclaim themselves more feeling and caring) somehow ultimately
degrade into goose-steppers and want to kill or see killed those who think
differently...

The thing is, the people on the left DO ultimately degrade into goose-steppers
when they are left to themselves with no outside influences. So do the people
on the right. As soon as there is absolute consensus in any organization, a
move is being made in that direction.

That's why we have this system that is designed to maximize discussion and
encourage compromise. It's really kind of ingenious.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Bill Graham wrote:

Neither of these two things are true. I argue a rational position. I don't
throw mud, or call my opponents names. And, furthermore, I didn't start this
discussion. I never start such things on forums where it is not proper.
Someone else started it, or made some comment about it that I found
offensive, and caused me to jump in and correct them. That is always the
case, and when I go back and research the posts, that's what I always find.

You're arguing the wrong thing in the wrong place. This is an audio
newsgroup.

No, you are just unhappy with me because you can't refute my logic, and my
position disagrees with yours. None of you have the intellectual integrity
to admit you are wrong, or that your position is illogical.

No, the problem is that my position agrees with yours, and your argument
is making this position look bad. You are shooting yourself in the foot
constantly and because I agree with you on this subject you are also shooting
me in the foot as well as I do not appreciate it.

I thought you had gone away? Please go away.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

geoff wrote:

Bill Graham wrote:
I deliberately break laws that are repugnant to the Constitution. Not
only that, but I believe every good citizen should be honor bound to
do so, so I am just being a good citizen. My mantra is what Spencer
Tracy said in, "Judgement at Nuremberg"..... It is not the right, but
the responsibility, for good citizens to break bad laws.

Laws made in defiance of the Constitution are bad laws, and should
be.....No, MUST be disobeyed. Otherwise, the document will become
less and less valid, and we will lose the very basis of our free
country forever.

And I bet you'd be the first to say that those who break those laws that you
*do* approve of should be shot (Figuratively. Hopefully...) !

geoff

Now he's deciding he either is the Constitution, or he is solely capable
of interpreting its meanings. Hard to tell from his writing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqXcV9DYAc
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

On Wed 2011-Jul-06 10:19, Scott Dorsey writes:
No, you are just unhappy with me because you can't refute my logic, and my
position disagrees with yours. None of you have the intellectual integrity
to admit you are wrong, or that your position is illogical.

No, the problem is that my position agrees with yours, and your
argument is making this position look bad. You are shooting
yourself in the foot constantly and because I agree with you on this
subject you are also shooting me in the foot as well as I do not
appreciate it.

HEre's another vote of same. THough I may agree with your
positions to a degree on some issues MR. Graham I don't care to argue them in an audio production forum.

I thought you had gone away? Please go away.

Again ditto!

Regards,
Richard
--
| Remove .my.foot for email
| via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet-Internet Gateway Site
Posted to rec.audio.pro
slinkp slinkp is offline

Also, please stop using it's as a possessive.

"It's" with an apostrophe is a contraction of "it is." Example: "It's
going to sound like crap."

"Its" (no apostrophe) is a possessive, like "his" and "her". Example:
"What is its impedance?"
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"slinkp" wrote in message
Also, please stop using it's as a possessive.

"It's" with an apostrophe is a contraction of "it is." Example: "It's
going to sound like crap."

"Its" (no apostrophe) is a possessive, like "his" and "her". Example:
"What is its impedance?"

Here's an easy mnemonic...
he's -- it's
his -- its

Hey stop! bestlayoutzz Pro Audio 9 November 10th 08 02:38 PM
MAKE IT STOP ALREADY!!! Sean Conolly Pro Audio 1 June 12th 05 05:04 AM
STOP!!!! Schizoid Man Audio Opinions 11 October 31st 04 11:48 PM
stop me! slimjim_jjh Car Audio 2 June 4th 04 09:33 PM
4.1, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.2... Where should it stop? Sterckx Zoe Tech 20 July 22nd 03 06:01 AM