Posted to rec.audio.pro
Roger Hughes[_2_] Roger Hughes[_2_] is offline

Default can you post pro audio gear FS here?

Question from someone just joining this group: Can you post pro audio gear for sale on this list? I see that there is a rec.audio.marketplace list for consumer gear, but this gear seems more appropriately addressed to people who might frequent this list (a Pendulum Quartet, Cranesong HEDD 192, etc..). I don't want to violate protocol. If there are more appropriate venues where honest people congregate, please advise. Many thanks.

Roger
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
Roger Hughes wrote:
Question from someone just joining this group: Can you post pro audio gear=
for sale on this list? I see that there is a rec.audio.marketplace list f=
or consumer gear, but this gear seems more appropriately addressed to peopl=
e who might frequent this list (a Pendulum Quartet, Cranesong HEDD 192, etc=
.). I don't want to violate protocol. If there are more appropriate venue=
s where honest people congregate, please advise. Many thanks.

Yes, it's specifically allowed in the charter.

However, if you post anything for sale, expect plenty of commentary
(both good and bad) about the equipment.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

On 2011-07-11 (ScottDorsey) said:
Question from someone just joining this group: Can you
post pro audio gear= for sale on this list? I see that there is
a rec.audio.marketplace list f= or consumer gear, but this gear
seems more appropriately addressed to peopl= e who might frequent
this list

snip
Yes, it's specifically allowed in the charter.
However, if you post anything for sale, expect plenty of commentary
(both good and bad) about the equipment.

YEs, let me give you some pointers to obviously you're
unfamiliar with usenet since you're posting from google.
This is a usenet forum. dO a search on faq in this
newsgroup you'll find a pointer.
That will discuss the finer points of gear for sale a bit.

IN addition here are a few more that will help you keep from
getting flamed.

IF you're just clearing out the studio or swappping some
gear, an occasional post listing items fs with brief
comments, etc. COmbine 'em instead of a single post for
item.

Also, some here will prefer making direct contact with you
instead of using the fleabay thing. YOu'll find potential
buyers for good gear here who prefer not to play the auction
games.

Thanks for asking before just dropping in a lot of
individual articles posting this or that item on fleabay.
WElcome aboard.

Regards,

Richard webb,

replace anything before at with elspider
ON site audio in the southland: see
www.gatasound.com