Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Webb[_3_] Richard Webb[_3_] is offline

Default on recent statements made in this newsgroup

First, I have to applaud Frank for endeavoring to interject
some reasoned discussion into recent threads participated in by Mr. Graham, myself and a few others, especially regarding my statements to Bill.

For roughly the past year Mr. Graham's participation in this newsgroup has been less than positive. I don't mind
hobbyists and rank amateurs asking questions, but I strongly resent when they argue with those who know more about the
subjects under discussion than they, and try to turn every
thread they participate in around to a political discussion.

Political discussions in this newsgroup have driven away
many good posters with useful information to bring to the
group. Poor signal to noise has lost us the participation
of Fletcher, DAvid MOrgan, Lyle Caldwell, WIll Mehoe (sorry
if I butchered your last name Will) and countless others,
starting around the time of the IRaq war.

As I said in my response to Frank, I have no regard for
Bill, his presence in this newsgroup contributes nothing
positive. HE's wanted to pick senseless arguments over:

the value of professional microphones;

the validity of Ascap and BMI;

musicianship or its lack,

to name a few.

The connection from which I am posting this message archives posts in this and other usenet forums I choose to
participate in. Because it archives long term I ahve
instituted filters to automatically kill off various Google
generated spams, and one or two posters, such as the
Buzzardnews forger, and of course Mr. Graham. But, it seems that for days on end once he wades into a thread no other
posts appear. WHen I use my other connection to usenet all
I see is arguments with MR. Graham.

Mr. Graham and his attitudes are what is wrong with the
state of political discourse in the U.S. today. THe
polarization results directly in voter apathy and low
turnout, and an overall disengagement with public issues
that are important to all of us that live here. If I helped drive him away from this group I consider myself performing
a service to the group, or assisting in same.

Regards,
Richard
--
| Remove .my.foot for email
| via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet-Internet Gateway Site
Posted to rec.audio.pro
gjsmo gjsmo is offline

On Jul 5, 11:45*pm,
(Richard Webb) wrote:
First, I have to applaud Frank for endeavoring to interject
some reasoned discussion into recent threads participated in by Mr. Graham, myself and a few others, especially regarding my statements to Bill.

For roughly the past year Mr. Graham's participation in this newsgroup has been less than positive. *I don't mind
hobbyists and rank amateurs asking questions, but I strongly resent when they argue with those who know more about the
subjects under discussion than they, and try to turn every
thread they participate in around to a political discussion.

Political discussions in this newsgroup have driven away
many good posters with useful information to bring to the
group. *Poor signal to noise has lost us the participation
of Fletcher, DAvid MOrgan, Lyle Caldwell, WIll Mehoe (sorry
if I butchered your last name Will) and countless others,
starting around the time of the IRaq war.

As I said in my response to Frank, I have no regard for
Bill, his presence in this newsgroup contributes nothing
positive. *HE's wanted to pick senseless arguments over:

the value of professional microphones;

the validity of Ascap and BMI;

musicianship or its lack,

to name a few.

The connection from which I am posting this message archives posts in this and other usenet forums I choose to
participate in. *Because it archives long term I ahve
instituted filters to automatically kill off various Google
generated spams, and one or two posters, such as the
Buzzardnews forger, and of course Mr. Graham. *But, it seems that for days on end once he wades into a thread no other
posts appear. *WHen I use my other connection to usenet all
I see is arguments with MR. Graham.

Mr. Graham and his attitudes are what is wrong with the
state of political discourse in the U.S. today. *THe
polarization results directly in voter apathy and low
turnout, and an overall disengagement with public issues
that are important to all of us that live here. *If I helped drive him away from this group I consider myself performing
a service to the group, or assisting in same.

Regards,
* * * * * *Richard
--
| Remove .my.foot for email
| via Waldo's Place USA Fidonet-Internet Gateway Site

You do realize you just made the arguments meta, right?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
malachi[_5_] malachi[_5_] is offline

"Richard Webb" wrote in
message ...
First, I have to applaud Frank for endeavoring to interject
some reasoned discussion into recent threads participated in by Mr.
Graham, myself and a few others, especially regarding my statements to
Bill.

For roughly the past year Mr. Graham's participation in this newsgroup has
been less than positive. I don't mind
hobbyists and rank amateurs asking questions, but I strongly resent when
they argue with those who know more about the
subjects under discussion than they, and try to turn every
thread they participate in around to a political discussion.

Is this you?

http://www.gatasound.com/

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] 0junk4me@bellsouth.net is offline

Is this you?
http://www.gatasound.com/

YEs, that's me g.

Richard webb,

replace anything before at with elspider
ON site audio in the southland: see www.gatasound.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
malachi[_5_] malachi[_5_] is offline

wrote in message

Is this you?
http://www.gatasound.com/

YEs, that's me g.

Then we comprise part of the Tennessee contingent. I'm in Nash.

malachi

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2011-07-08 said:
Is this you?
http://www.gatasound.com/
YEs, that's me g.

Then we comprise part of the Tennessee contingent. I'm in Nash.

YEp, relocated here after Katrina. When I first began
frequenting this group I was in IOwa.

Richard webb,

replace anything before at with elspider
ON site audio in the southland: see www.gatasound.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 2011-07-08 said:
Is this you?
http://www.gatasound.com/
YEs, that's me g.

Then we comprise part of the Tennessee contingent. I'm in Nash.

YEp, relocated here after Katrina. When I first began
frequenting this group I was in IOwa.

Coming up to NAMM?

I thought about going, but I looked around my studio and realized that I
already have everything I really need, and then some.

My wife pointed this out to me, god bless her.