alan ralph

Default Sonic Impact 5066 T-Amp - Tripath

Hi All,

I dont know if this has been discussed before ?

You may have seen this amp being reviewed in the HiFi mags and getting rave
reviews, and I just got
mine today from an ebay seller in the USA and it is very good considering
its price is $20-30 or about £40 inc shipping to UK. If this is what a cheap
class D amp can sound like I dont think it will be to long before we see a
lot more of this technology used in mainstream amps.

Here is the review

http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/t-amp_e.html

Here is the chip set data sheet

http://www.tripath.com/downloads/TA2024.pdf

Here it is in a posh box

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ampbox/page2.html

and another posh box

http://www.redwineaudio.com/Clari_T_Amp.html

Regards

Alan

Colin B.

alan ralph wrote:
Hi All,

I dont know if this has been discussed before ?

You may have seen this amp being reviewed in the HiFi mags and getting rave
reviews, and I just got
mine today from an ebay seller in the USA and it is very good considering
its price is $20-30 or about ?40 inc shipping to UK. If this is what a cheap
class D amp can sound like I dont think it will be to long before we see a
lot more of this technology used in mainstream amps.

Here is the review

http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/t-amp_e.html

Here is the chip set data sheet

http://www.tripath.com/downloads/TA2024.pdf

Here it is in a posh box

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ampbox/page2.html

and another posh box

http://www.redwineaudio.com/Clari_T_Amp.html

Interesting looking little amp. Insane review, though. How do they come
up with this stuff?!!

Colin