Clete W.

Default I have a question

Wow this group is fun! I love how everybody is really into audio. No
shortage of info here. I'll bet I could ask for recommendations on
almost any kind of audio equipment and you guys would come up with tons
of great advice in no time flat. That is, unless it was more important
to figure out who's responsible for 9/11. I checked the political groups
in case anybody's interested... no discussions of audio there. You'd
think those people would realize the groups were switched, but
apparently not. Somebody from this group maybe should tell them?

Anyway here's my question. It's sort of about audio but not really. My
question, or questions actually, are for Mr. Ferstler. Assuming that's
his real name. I found out there really is a "Howard Ferstler" who
writes about audio in some magazines and books. My first question is why
do you bother with usenet? Seems to me you should be getting your
rewards from your professional publications. Assuming that's what they
are. Some of those magazines seem more like hobby journals, kind of the
opposite of Stereophile. So what do you gain from Usenet?

My second question is about your obsession with education. Did you know
there's a complete record of Usenet posts at Google? I did a search on
your posts and I found out some interesting things. Or at least they
sound interesting. I don't know if they are true so maybe you can
clarify. First thing, you washed out of a university graduate program.
Is that right? That's nothing to be ashamed of, so why do you get so
defensive about it? I know what I'm talking about. I went to a very good
university but I didn't excel. I didn't even consider more education.
Now I have a boring job. I'm like you I guess -- not much ambition. But
I get the impression you strut around on Usenet to compensate for not
having a career. That's kind of pathetic.

Also about the education thing: You make a lot of nasty remarks to
people who succeeded in grad school. I don't think getting a PhD is a
huge accomplishment. Of course I didn't even try, but you're the one who
disses PhDs.

Another thing is the way you call people names and rant about tweakos,
as you call them. You come off like a crazy person. Other times, you
seem pretty down to earth. I get the impression you sort of want people
to feel sorry for you. But you also have this puffed up ego thing going.
You alternate between whining about your problems and insulting
everybody. This makes you seem crazy too. But I don't really think
you're crazy. I think you're bored with your life, and you don't know
how to accept that your life is what you made it. So you project (heh
heh, psych talk) your inadequacies.

That's how you come off. Maybe I got some of it wrong and you can
explain what I missed.

Bruce J. Richman

Clete W. wrote:

[...]

Excellent post. Unlike Ferstler, you seem to be able to evaluate people
objectively.
I'm sure there are many that would share your views.

Bruce J. Richman

Robert Morein

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message
Clete W. wrote:

[...]

Bruce,
Let's not minimize the seriousness of his condition. Ferstler actually
derives joy from imagined torturing of his "enemies". This is exactly the
kind of guy who, though "mild mannered, never caused trouble around the
hood" decides at some point to vent with a chainsaw.

Bruce J. Richman

Clete W. wrote:

[...]

I doubt if Ferstler has the physical ability or guts to actually harm anybody
physically. However, I agree with you that he is indeed seriously disturbed.
His raging paranoia (re. imagined audiophile conspiracy theories), hatred of a
world of individual preferences that he can't understand, and sadistic bigotry
are indeed evidence that he lost contact iwth reality a long time ago. He's
really a cartoonish caricature of the typical mental hospital patient who
constantly tries to convince the outside world that he knows everything and all
"the others" are crazy.

Bruce J. Richman

Clyde Slick

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Bruce,
Let's not minimize the seriousness of his condition. Ferstler actually
derives joy from imagined torturing of his "enemies". This is exactly the
kind of guy who, though "mild mannered, never caused trouble around the
hood" decides at some point to vent with a chainsaw.

Well, he does have some dangerous tools, but I am
more worried that he might hurt humself.

Bruce J. Richman

Clyde wrote:

"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Bruce J. Richman" wrote in message

Bruce,
Let's not minimize the seriousness of his condition. Ferstler actually
derives joy from imagined torturing of his "enemies". This is exactly the
kind of guy who, though "mild mannered, never caused trouble around the
hood" decides at some point to vent with a chainsaw.

Well, he does have some dangerous tools, but I am
more worried that he might hurt humself.

One can only hope that the "home improvements" he bragged about ad nauseam
included padded walls.

Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal

"Robert Morein" said:

Let's not minimize the seriousness of his condition. Ferstler actually
derives joy from imagined torturing of his "enemies". This is exactly the
kind of guy who, though "mild mannered, never caused trouble around the
hood" decides at some point to vent with a chainsaw.

Is that why he is "expanding his woodshed"?

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
JBorg

Clete W." wrote in message

Wow this group is fun! I love how everybody is really into audio. No
shortage of info here. I'll bet I could ask for recommendations on
almost any kind of audio equipment and you guys would come up with tons
of great advice in no time flat. That is, unless it was more important
to figure out who's responsible for 9/11. I checked the political groups
in case anybody's interested... no discussions of audio there. You'd
think those people would realize the groups were switched, but
apparently not. Somebody from this group maybe should tell them?

Anyway here's my question. It's sort of about audio but not really. My
question, or questions actually, are for Mr. Ferstler. Assuming that's
his real name. I found out there really is a "Howard Ferstler" who
writes about audio in some magazines and books.

That is of course the same Ferstler who manage to make himself one
of the greatest huckster of fruity ideas on this forum. He is a mental
meathead and one of the all-time favorite stand-up clown at rao.
He's a well received and recognized jokester around here and
accustomed to being the constant butt of audio jokes, second only to
another butthead name Arnii Krooger.