Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default NOS tubes

http://hardocp.com/images/news/12374...sYVF_1_1_l.gif

Graham ;~)

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

flipper wrote:

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 09:13:41 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

http://hardocp.com/images/news/12374...sYVF_1_1_l.gif

Graham ;~)

Oh man, I just have to believe that's a joke.

Who can tell ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

Eeyore wrote:

http://hardocp.com/images/news/12374...sYVF_1_1_l.gif

Graham ;~)

Those tubes will still work perfectly.

On the moon. ;-)

LV

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:28:03 -0600, Lord Valve
wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

http://hardocp.com/images/news/12374...sYVF_1_1_l.gif

Graham ;~)

Those tubes will still work perfectly.

On the moon. ;-)

LV

Really? That would be an interesting set of interactions between
valves, with nothing in the way to stop the electrons.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

http://hardocp.com/images/news/12374...sYVF_1_1_l.gif

Graham ;~)

Those tubes will still work perfectly.

On the moon. ;-)

LV

Really? That would be an interesting set of interactions between
valves, with nothing in the way to stop the electrons.

But operating tubes in space without glass envelopes would result in
less anode to anode interactions than already occurs in twin triodes, or
in triode-pentodes or compactrons. Electron attraction depends on the
square law rule of distances.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

http://hardocp.com/images/news/12374...sYVF_1_1_l.gif

Graham ;~)

Those tubes will still work perfectly.

On the moon. ;-)

LV

Really? That would be an interesting set of interactions between
valves, with nothing in the way to stop the electrons.

But operating tubes in space without glass envelopes would result in
less anode to anode interactions than already occurs in twin triodes, or
in triode-pentodes or compactrons. Electron attraction depends on the
square law rule of distances.

Patrick Turner.

But what about between valves that would normally be separated by
bottles but are operating on the A and B supplies, with perhaps
several hundred volts between their anodes. Electrons do drift beyond
anodes and are stopped by the glass.

And lets not forget that constant rain of charged particles of vastly
higher energy that would be bathing the whole thing. The more you
think about this, the more bogglingly horrid it gets.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

In article , Lord Valve wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

http://hardocp.com/images/news/12374...sYVF_1_1_l.gif

Graham ;~)

Those tubes will still work perfectly.

On the moon. ;-)

But you can't hear anything.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

[...]

Weel, yeah, but I'm sure NASA have given it all some greater thought
than I care to.

We could make a clone with some DNA from Einstein's grave, no? Maybe
blend it with DNA from Hawking, and the resulting guy would definately
work it all out.

But electrons don't drift aimlessly around when there are high positive
charges nearby.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

GregS wrote:

In article , Lord Valve wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

http://hardocp.com/images/news/12374...sYVF_1_1_l.gif

Graham ;~)

Those tubes will still work perfectly.

On the moon. ;-)

But you can't hear anything.

Well there's only one way then. Place the vinyl record on a nice flat
moon rock, grab a tone arm in your mouth and walk around the record at
33.3RPM and hear the sound through your teeth.

Patrick Turner.

greg

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:11:16 GMT, Patrick Turner
wrote:

But electrons don't drift aimlessly around when there are high positive
charges nearby.

Right - all those high energy electrons flying around are going to get
sucked into the anodes.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

But electrons don't drift aimlessly around when there are high positive
charges nearby.

Right - all those high energy electrons flying around are going to get
sucked into the anodes.

The density of stray electrons in space wil not be as high as in an
electron stream from cathode to anode, and hence will not cause much
noise.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

flipper wrote:

On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:13:57 GMT, Patrick Turner
wrote:

GregS wrote:

In article , Lord Valve wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

http://hardocp.com/images/news/12374...sYVF_1_1_l.gif

Graham ;~)

Those tubes will still work perfectly.

On the moon. ;-)

But you can't hear anything.

Well there's only one way then. Place the vinyl record on a nice flat
moon rock, grab a tone arm in your mouth and walk around the record at
33.3RPM and hear the sound through your teeth.

ROTFLOL

It'd be enough to make an astronaughty rather homesick, no?

But here on Earth we take air for granted, and water, and nice
temperatures, and dentists who don't **** up too often.

By the time we begin to take space travel seriously and have found a way
to go faster than light so a holiday on a nice but distant planet just
like ours becomes possible without all the other people or queer wild
life kicking sand in your eyes on the beach, we may have worked out ways
to hear and see without transducers on the sides and front of the head.
It'd be easier to digitise all that's seen and heard, and run it all in
direct with a USB thinge socket behind one ear.

The existing human brain is entirely ill-equipped to cope with the
future. It will be scooped out like ice cream and dumped, and replaced
with yet to be made compact super computers which have programmable
human consciousness, allowing someone to make a painless transfer to a
new way of being.

I'm having my new brain fitted with magic eye indicators to let ppl know
I am thinking. A pair of them, with one on each side would look quite
dashing, and appeal to people who like stereo.

New Sensor Corp offered me a good price on magic eyes because they'd
come across a crate of NOS and had several hundred for sale.
I suggested to their sales girl who so kindly offered them that they
could be used the way I just said above. She then came up with a brain
wave and suggested "Ah yeah, we could fit a tiarra made of magic eye
indicators for George Bush". I lamented, "But the trouble is they'd
never light up."

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner.

greg