Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] ixtarbrules@yahoo.com is offline

Default When I like it they quit making it

The supply of MA230 output transformers seems to be running out. Yes,
Endicott Coil will make more but they want either a 100 piece order or
proto price per piece-$300 each.

There are two or three moron outfits making clone Dyna ST70
transformers. WHY? It's a crappy transformer. A Dyna UPGRADE, would
make sense, but not a Dyna clone.

There's a disease in the human mind that means people buy things that
DON'T work instead of things that DO.

Look at the transmission repair business. A lot of automatic
transmissions are not worth **** and people rebuild them at great
expense all the time. How many people say, "Hey, that old one wasn't
worth a **** and yet, I'm going to drop three grand to fix it?
Norfolk&Waypal! Put a GOOD one in there instead!!"

One of the best transmission ideas ever invented was the Clutchflite.
It was a Mopar Torqueflite converted into a manual transmission with a
clutch. It only had three gears, but, it was bombproof and shifted
slicker than snot. Now we have four speed TFs, but the company that
made them no longer does transmissions but rather overpriced
supercharger setups. **** you, old customer base.

Hewlett Packard, before they became Agilent, was the big player in
the RF signal generator business. They made a model, the 8656A, that
was revolutionary, except it had a cantankerous mechanical attenuator.
The follow up used a PIN diode attenuator and for awhile, HP would
upgrade the old ones, but then they quit doing it. Again, a middle
finger upraised to the customer base. IFR did the same thing with its
famous 1200 CSM.

But as customers we take it up the nethermuffin with no petrolatum,
and then we wonder why we get boofed time after time. Like Audio
Research and Musical Fidelity customers, we're just serial gullibards.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Sal Sal is offline

Wow,
We went from transformers to transmissions to test equipment....
Tomorrow we will bitch something starting with the letter "U"

wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes

wrote:
[...]

No, we will skip back to "P". Maybe "K". Or some other letter.