Simon Long

Default Denon Link 3 - compatible DVD players?

Hi All,

With Denon's announcement of the AVR-3805 receiver, I think I have
found one of the two components I am looking for to replace all those
boxes in the corner of the room!

I now just need a matching DVD player. I am intrigued to see that the
3805 supports Denon Link version 3, which allows both DVD-A and SACD
to be sent via FireWire from a compatible DVD player. Unfortunately,
none of Denon's current DVD players support sending of SACD data via
Denon Link - something to do with approval being required from the
SACD consortium for rights control over the digital link.

Has anyone got any idea when Denon are likely to launch a DVD player
compatible with Denon Link 3, i.e. which can send SACD data over the
link? It seems a bit odd that they have announced the product to go at
one end of the cable, but not the one for the other end - and I'm not
buying anything until I've seen both bits working!

Any information gratefully received.

Cheers,

Simon

Charles Tomaras

"Simon Long" wrote in message
Has anyone got any idea when Denon are likely to launch a DVD player
compatible with Denon Link 3, i.e. which can send SACD data over the
link? It seems a bit odd that they have announced the product to go at
one end of the cable, but not the one for the other end - and I'm not
buying anything until I've seen both bits working!

Any information gratefully received.

I asked Jeff Talmadge (one of the Denon reps) at CES and he said they were
"very close" to having it all worked out with Sony to enable the digitally
undecoded transfer of SACD. So whenever "very close" comes around we will
have it. Meanwhile...I've decided that my DVD2900 sounds just fine with it's
analog connection to my AVR 5803 and I doubt I would spend the additional
money for an upgrade at this time even if it were offered.