Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] David_nj_7@mailbolt.com is offline

Default A few questions about AUTO PA systems...???

Can someone reccomend a good AUTO PA SYSTEM. I will explain the
application. We have security cars in our large 20 acre park and we
need something that has a lot of punch and can be heard for several
blocks for anouncements of impending weather, park closings etc...

Perhaps something the PA systems that police cars and Firetrucks use.
I have heard some of those external speakers on those units from over a
half-mile away.... and from a very small speaker to boot.

Any suggestions for a good, police-like PA system with lots of punch.

Thanks in advance

David

Posted to rec.audio.car
SMS SMS is offline

wrote:
Can someone reccomend a good AUTO PA SYSTEM. I will explain the
application. We have security cars in our large 20 acre park and we
need something that has a lot of punch and can be heard for several
blocks for anouncements of impending weather, park closings etc...

Perhaps something the PA systems that police cars and Firetrucks use.
I have heard some of those external speakers on those units from over a
half-mile away.... and from a very small speaker to boot.

Any suggestions for a good, police-like PA system with lots of punch.

Get the Federal Signal PA-300
"http://www.fedsig.com/products/index.php?id=109"

Speaker is separate, look at the TS100-N,
"http://www.fedsig.com/products/index.php?id=125"

In my vehicle I did something less expensive, I took a low wattage PA
from JC Whitney, similar to their catalog number ZX813128Y, and hooked
it to a 100 watt amplifier that I bought at Fry's for $30. I found some
high-wattage outdoor speakers at a surplus electronics e-tailer. I think
that the whole thing cost me about $100. It works well, though there is
engine noise in the speaker when the system is on, but I'm not talking.

I've mainly used it in political campaigns where we've done parades.

Forget about finding a PA-only system, as these will end up being larger
and more expensive than the units from Federal Signal.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

SMS wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Get an old air-raid siren and strap it to your roof!

"TONIGHT... FOR ONE NIGHT ONLY... THE PALACE HOTEL BALLROOM PRESENTS... THE
BLUES BROTHERS... RHYTHM AND BLUES REVUE."

Heheheheh