Masterson

Default Mercedes add-ons - electrical problems?

As long as a pro does it you will have no problems

You should stop listening to the dealer tell you things
like "it will void you MB warranty" or "MB's are different"

The only real issues you will have in changing the indash
is the BOSE intergration and/or the loss of your changer
if you have one. The MB changer is Fiber Optic and will
not function with any other brand radio other then MB.

"CLK" wrote in message
om...
I have a late model Mercedes and would like to replace the stock
radio/cassette with a new CD/Mp3 player BUT I've been advised not to

because
it screws up Mercedes very complicated electrical system.

Has anyone had any experience with putting an after market player in a MB?

CLK

I don't have the Bose system, just the std. MB radio/cassette. I also do not
want the changer - just a single disc player. Why is it so damn complicated
to add?? It wasn't the dealer who told me but an independent
Mercedes/european car mechanic who warned me. Mercedes electrical must be
more complicated than Chinese arithmetic.

"CLK" wrote in message
om...
I have a late model Mercedes and would like to replace the stock
radio/cassette with a new CD/Mp3 player BUT I've been advised not to

because
it screws up Mercedes very complicated electrical system.

Has anyone had any experience with putting an after market player in a

MB?

Masterson

OMG....

didn't you listen to me???? sorry ....let me clam down.

1. Its NOT overly difficult. It is above entry level installers.

2. I didn't ask if you 'wanted' a changer. I was commenting
on if you ALREADY had the MB changer........

3.Your 'Independent Mercedes/European car mechanic's is
exactly that. A Mechanic. When it comes to electrical most
have NO idea what they are doing. Also, he probably was
trained at a MB dealer, so this rhetoric is the same standard blah.

Have you found a GOOD local car audio shop? They will do
the install for you, if you had gone yesterday, it would have been
done by now, and you would be in your car listening already.

"
I have a late model Mercedes and would like to replace the stock
radio/cassette with a new CD/Mp3 player BUT I've been advised not to

because
it screws up Mercedes very complicated electrical system.

Has anyone had any experience with putting an after market player in a

MB?

John Matlock

I paid a visit this evening to the shop that did the install and had them
listen to my system. They agreed that the tweeters were the source of my
discomfort (i.e. too bright) and the end result is that I'm getting a pair of
better MBQ crossovers installed, ones that will adjust the attenuation.

They say that'll fix the brightness, and even if it doesn't they agreed to
work with me on an exchange, if all else fails.

JJM

In article , "Masterson"
wrote:
As long as a pro does it you will have no problems

You should stop listening to the dealer tell you things
like "it will void you MB warranty" or "MB's are different"

The only real issues you will have in changing the indash
is the BOSE intergration and/or the loss of your changer
if you have one. The MB changer is Fiber Optic and will
not function with any other brand radio other then MB.

. com...