Posted to rec.audio.car
wijja wijja is offline

Default 85 ford tempo

this is the original message i posted to alt.autos.ford and was
referred here.
--
yes, you read that right. 85 tempo. i pulled it out of storage cause
our other car is having too many issues. as a project yesterday i

i can't find a wiring diagram or colors or anything! is there someone
who can let me know what's what? i need to know colors, etc.

the cassette player that was in there worked fine previously.
--

i've since purchased a universal kit for connecting car audio, just to
make things easier and cleaner, but i still need to know what's what in

the previous owner had the yellow as ignition lead to power the
cassette player as it had an off/on dial. i'm trying to install a
newer cd drive that retains memory so it requires a constant 12v.

can someone PLEASE help me out here? i've spent 1.5 days on this thing
and it's makin' me a little nuts.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

1985 Ford Tempo Stereo Information

Constant 12V+ Light Green
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Ground Chassis
Illumination Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Trigger n/a
Antenna Right Front

Front Speakers 3 1/2" Dash

Left Front (+) Green
Left Front (-) Black/White
Right Front (+) White/Red
Right Front (-) Black/White

Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+) Pink/Red
Left Rear (-) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (+) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (-) Green/Red

In article . com, "wijja"
wrote:
this is the original message i posted to alt.autos.ford and was
referred here.

Posted to rec.audio.car
wijja wijja is offline

GREAT! thanks! that got sound back in the old beast! it's a wonder
the whole thing didn't short out a long time ago, the way whoever owned
it before had it set up.

thanks again.

wrote:
this is the original message i posted to alt.autos.ford and was
referred here.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Not a problem, I know what you mean. I can't stand hacks that rather cut
wiring harness then spend a few bucks to do things right.

wrote:
this is the original message i posted to alt.autos.ford and was
referred here.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Wow!!!

What happened to Hard-on-Newbies-Howdy?

HE must have the day off. His EXTREMELY helpful twin is filling in.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

I'm not sure if you read his post, but his car is dead so his is pulling out a
85 ford tempo that's been sitting for few years that he has been trying to
hook up used radio in. You can't **** on a person that has to drive an 85
tempo with a used radio, There is just no way. Plus the fact that he didn't
like the idea of someone hacking off the harness just hit a soft spot.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
Wow!!!

What happened to Hard-on-Newbies-Howdy?

HE must have the day off. His EXTREMELY helpful twin is filling in.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

You can't **** on a person that has to drive an 85
tempo with a used radio, There is just no way.

LOL I Like that.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
wijja wijja is offline

LMAO!

well thanks for the pity! and the advice!

yup....had to pull the beast out of storage so we could do some car
shopping. i'm surprised it started but it didn't take very much. god
knows it's stood the test of time better than the much newer car that
just died!

yes..........85 tempo. my first car (that's why i never parted with
it). dunno.....might just keep the projects going.

thanks again!