Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] rotaterx8@yahoo.com is offline

Default Auto security recommendation

Hello all,
A few weeks ago I posted about my car being stolen, it was a 2000 Acura
Integra GSR. The car was finally found a few days ago and it was
stripped. I noticed that all they had to do is to get the door open,
yank the alarm's brain from near the fuse box and cut the wires. It
probably took the thieves 2 seconds to do it, that is why I did not
hear my alarm go off. May be if the brain is relocated on my next alarm
install it will make it harder on the thieves to disable the alarm,
right? Or may be install a plate to restrict access to the brain. What
have you (installers) done to prevent this sort of thing from
happening?

Well, now I have a new car, it is a 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe and this
time I want to get the auto security right. So far I think I am going
to go with the Viper 210v GPS locator system, but I also want to get an
alarm system. I have looked all over the internet for reviews, but
those are hard to come by. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,
I mean it.

Thank you all in advance,

FC

Posted to rec.audio.car
FC FC is offline

Jackson wrote:
On 15 Sep 2006 06:08:47 -0700, wrote:

[...]

I've had my sound system stolen in the past (no alarm), but even with
a standard alarm install, it's a matter a cutting a wire or two to
entirely disable the alarm system. I followed the following criteria
myself when I installed my most recent alarm.
1) My alarm brain is hidden up, up, I mean up there buried in the
dash. It would take would be thieves at least an hour or two to
disassemble most of the dashboard to even access it. Wires are loomed
along next to stock wiring making it very difficult to pinpoint what
wire(s) actually belong to the alarm system itself.
2) Backup battery behind the dash on the opposite side, wired into the
main alarm system, and of course 2 backup sirens 1 inside the vehicle
and another outside hidden in the engine compartment. It is important
that you hide the under-hood siren(s), as all a would be thief would
need to do is simply cut the wires.

On a seperate note, I use various mix and match security screws
holding my equipment in the trunk and doors, also a daunting task for
thieves to take.

I thought about the GPS but ended up installing a Clifford Matrix
50.5x 2 way alarm system. The stated 1 mile range is overrated I
think, but so was the previous 3.5 RSX 1/4 mile range. The two way
range actually is pretty decent, as I amaze people checking on my car.
I think you'll be happy with a decent DEI two way alarm system.

Bottom line is that I've made everything really hard for someone else
to "just take from me". They'd better have some time on there hands.
It can still be stolen I do realize that, or maybe even towed away if
someone know what they were doing but I also pay a little more every
year for full comprehensive insurance coverage. This is what really
helps me sleep at night.

Thank you Jackson, your response made a lot of sense. I neded up going
with the GPS system (210v) from Viper and the 791?? two way alarm
system. I made sure my installer stashed the brain. Now if they can
take it at least I will be notified so I can start the tracking
process.

FC

Posted to rec.audio.car
FC FC is offline

Don't get custom rims

I may be able to live with the factory wheels

/stereo
hmm, tough one, I gotta have my high quality tunes

Put the steering and gas pedal Club
To easy to defeat, and too difficult to use. Well, not too dificult but
I am a lazy ******* and I am not dealing with it.

Have really good insurance coverage.
Done!

Oh, maybe Lowjack.
I got the Viper 210v and the 791XX alarm system, works well and it tell
you when your car has been moved, something LoJack does not do. If you
use LoJack your car could be miles away and half stripped by the time
you realize it is gone.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy Captain Howdy is offline

Better yet tow a real ugly trailer and put the custom rims/stereo/etc in there
when you park.

Don't get custom rims/stereo/etc. Put the steering and gas pedal Club
on. Have really good insurance coverage. Oh, maybe Lowjack.

Posted to rec.audio.car
FC FC is offline

Captain Howdy wrote:
Better yet tow a real ugly trailer and put the custom rims/stereo/etc in there
when you park.

Don't get custom rims/stereo/etc. Put the steering and gas pedal Club
on. Have really good insurance coverage. Oh, maybe Lowjack.

A G35 towing an ugly trailer, yeah, that is sexy!

Looking for audio editor with auto cue and good scripting alptea Pro Audio 0 July 4th 06 09:07 PM
Newest Kerrry Lie Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 3 October 21st 04 10:44 PM
Auto Taser-unlike an alarm, this works! Peter Klein Car Audio 6 May 8th 04 12:52 AM
FS: Auto taser Peter Klein Car Audio 0 April 12th 04 09:57 PM
Pyjamamama Sandman Audio Opinions 14 December 16th 03 04:44 AM