Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Default Any receivers support Dolby TrueHD?

"Babaganoosh"

I have tried to search for some, and haven't found any (yet). Does
anybody know of any receivers which support TrueHD?

Failing that, pardon me for being dense but how are we supposed to
listen to audio soundtracks from HD-DVD or BluRay without such
receivers? Do these discs also have DD or DTS soundtracks?

** You did not look very hard.

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/technology/trueHD.html

The first page says they are compatible with existing AV receivers.

........ Phil

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Babaganoosh"

I have tried to search for some, and haven't found any (yet). Does
anybody know of any receivers which support TrueHD?

Failing that, pardon me for being dense but how are we supposed to
listen to audio soundtracks from HD-DVD or BluRay without such
receivers? Do these discs also have DD or DTS soundtracks?

** You did not look very hard.

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/technology/trueHD.html

The first page says they are compatible with existing AV receivers.

Ah, but it doesn't say whether or not existing receivers will actually
play back real, 'native' TrueHD, or if it's only a
backwards-compatibility thing.

** Yawn = purest gobbdegook.

I mean, how exactly could existing receivers play back an audio encoding
method that did not exist when those receivers were made?

** Errr - cos DVD players deliver analogue audio.

........ Phil

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Babaganoosh"

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/technology/trueHD.html

The first page says they are compatible with existing AV receivers.

Ah, but it doesn't say whether or not existing receivers will actually
play back real, 'native' TrueHD, or if it's only a
backwards-compatibility thing.

** Yawn = purest gobbledegook.

You didn't answer my question.

** Cos it was gobbledegook, not a question.

mean, how exactly could existing receivers play back an audio encoding
method that did not exist when those receivers were made?

** Errr - cos DVD players deliver analogue audio.

What does that have to do with anything?

** It answers your asinine question - ****wit.

......... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"rasth"

( snip this PUKE's psycho abuse)

** Fuuuuuck oooooooooooff

- you demented, anencephalic

W O G C U N T !!

........ Phil

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

rasth wrote:
On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:10:35 -0500, Babaganoosh
wrote:

Addendum: I found this....

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/techno...HD_avrs_3.html

Ah-HA! I knew it! To listen to real, native TrueHD, you'll have to
buy a new receiver anyway. See, that's what I was wondering about. I
didn't mean, are receivers 'backwards compatible' with TrueHD (which
is what the earlier parts of this article said). I meant, are there
any receivers which can play back TrueHD *directly*. Apparently
there aren't:

"Eventually, A/V receivers will have direct access to Dolby® Digital
Plus or Dolby TrueHD bitstreams. We are working with the IEC and HDMI
organizations to update data protocols to enable future versions of
these high-bandwidth interfaces to carry these bitstreams."

see? Even the current HDMI spec doesn't seem to be good enough.

"To decode these bitstreams, the A/V decoder will need to support the
updated data protocols, as well as incorporate these new decoding
algorithms."

See what I mean? Existing receivers won't do that.

"With six or eight channels of 24-bit/96 kHz audio to handle from
these new HD formats, the post-processing DSP requirements for an
A/V receiver more than double. "

Now do you see what I mean?

The HDMI 1.3 spec was just finalized recently. We will have to wait a
few months for silicon. The receivers may be ready in 2007.

This is what gets me about surround receivers. State of the art today equals
obsolete tomorrow. In weeks or even days sometimes, it seems. A 3000.00
receiver reduced to 500.00 on eBay if you can even get that.

Tired of the rat-race long ago.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Vivek Vivek is offline

Electronics rarely wear out and runs good enough for decades. How do
companies make more money from the people who already have receivers. Same
goes for automobile. There is hardly any useful improvement for past 10
years. Just cassette cd changer and the like in the name of as you
mentioned "State of the art". Now it is time that companies should go in for
receivers to as component set. Plug-in a trueHD and run. Geez should have
born after a couple of decades more

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
| This is what gets me about surround receivers. State of the art today
equals
| obsolete tomorrow. In weeks or even days sometimes, it seems. A 3000.00
| receiver reduced to 500.00 on eBay if you can even get that.
|
| Tired of the rat-race long ago.
|

| Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
JimC JimC is offline

You didn't even attempt to answer his first question Allison. Which
asked whether there are any receivers that support TrueHD. What you gave
him was a cite for Dolby promotional materials telling us what a great
technology TrueHD will be. - Sometime in the future, when everyone else
gets in step.

Maybe you ought to read the note before you stick your foot in your
mouth again.

Jim

Phil Allison wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"JimCrap" = Top Posting MORON

You didn't even attempt to answer his first question Allison.

** No need to - since the OP made the questions ALTERNATIVES.

Try learning to READ some time, you ****ing anencephalic pile of dung.

......... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
JimC JimC is offline

His FIRST question was:

"Does anybody know of any receivers which support TrueHD?"

He also said that he had searched for an answer to his question, with no
success so far.

You didn't have to respond to him at all, of course, but since you did,
a "normal" response would be to answer his first question before
addressing his second question and before posting sarcastic comments
about his search. And the site you gave him didn't answer his question.
- - But perhaps you don't give a damn about helping him in the first
place.

Jim

Phil Allison wrote:
"JimCrap" = Top Posting MORON

You didn't even attempt to answer his first question Allison.

** No need to - since the OP made the questions ALTERNATIVES.

Try learning to READ some time, you ****ing anencephalic pile of dung.

........ Phil

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Jim****"

** GO DROP DEAD - ****HEAD .

........... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
[email protected] dpierce@cartchunk.org is offline

JimC wrote:
You didn't have to respond to him at all, of course, but since you did,
a "normal" response would be to answer his first question before
addressing his second question and before posting sarcastic comments
about his search. And the site you gave him didn't answer his question.
- - But perhaps you don't give a damn about helping him in the first
place.

I guess you weren't there the day they handed out the
lesson about not kicking skunks.

Posted to rec.audio.misc,rec.audio.tech
JimC JimC is offline

Phil Allison wrote:
"Jim****"

** GO DROP DEAD - ****HEAD .

No thank you.

Of course, most readers recognize that your "****head" and "jim****" and
"wog****" remarks are a reflection of your own problems, not mine or
anyone else's. Have you considered getting professional help?

Jim