Posted to rec.audio.tech
harrogate3 harrogate3 is offline

Default Lost gain switch

I seem to remember a box to tick somewhere that provides 20dB extra
mic input gain (in XP) but I'll be blowed if I can find it.

Anyone point me in the right direction pse?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Don Pearce Don Pearce is offline

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 16:36:41 GMT, "harrogate3"
wrote:

I seem to remember a box to tick somewhere that provides 20dB extra
mic input gain (in XP) but I'll be blowed if I can find it.

Anyone point me in the right direction pse?

Open the Windows mixer, then click the "advanced" button on the mic
channel. The +20dB box is there.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Posted to rec.audio.tech

wrote:

I seem to remember a box to tick somewhere that provides 20dB extra
mic input gain (in XP) but I'll be blowed if I can find it.

Anyone point me in the right direction pse?

Open the Windows mixer, then click the "advanced" button on the mic
channel. The +20dB box is there.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com

Ah, that's where I have a problem - I don't have am 'advanced' button,
and if I go to Options the Advanced Controls are ticked and greyed
out.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"harrogate3" wrote ...
Ah, that's where I have a problem - I don't have am 'advanced' button,
and if I go to Options the Advanced Controls are ticked and greyed
out.

It is not a feature of MS Windows. It is a feature of the
particular audio hardware you are using. If the hardware
doesn't have the feature, MSwin grays out the control for it.
It is possible that not even half of the audio sections of PCs
have this feature.

FA Millennia Media HV-3 Stereo Mic preamp, Excellent Condition! w/ high gain. sunflute Pro Audio 0 April 18th 06 08:07 PM
Preamp. wanted BHV Vacuum Tubes 6 April 22nd 05 03:21 AM
Compression Tutorial **bg** Pro Audio 1 December 6th 04 04:27 PM
Who needs NFB when there is error correction? Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 89 September 16th 04 01:03 PM