Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Tape Transfer

I have a 1" 16-track tape that I would like to transfer to digital.
While I have the machine on which it was recorded, it has not been
powered up in 10 years, and it's 50 miles away.

Does anyone here have a 1" 16-track machine who could do a transfer?
It's one tape and, as far as I know, dbx was not used.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

mcp6453 wrote:
I have a 1" 16-track tape that I would like to transfer to digital.
While I have the machine on which it was recorded, it has not been
powered up in 10 years, and it's 50 miles away.

Does anyone here have a 1" 16-track machine who could do a transfer?
It's one tape and, as far as I know, dbx was not used.

Steve Puntolillo will be able to identify it and transfer it. He is
the expert. You will want to tell him which machine it was made on
since there were at least two equalization standards and track widths.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

On 12/27/2011 10:44 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Steve Puntolillo

I'm not sure the transfer is THAT valuable. Maybe I need to find someone who
KNOWS Steve to do the transfer. He has to be expensive.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

mcp6453 wrote:

On 12/27/2011 10:44 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Steve Puntolillo

I'm not sure the transfer is THAT valuable. Maybe I need to find someone who
KNOWS Steve to do the transfer. He has to be expensive.

Why speculate when you could ask him?

http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShaidri
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

In article ,
mcp6453 wrote:
On 12/27/2011 10:44 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Steve Puntolillo

I'm not sure the transfer is THAT valuable. Maybe I need to find someone who
KNOWS Steve to do the transfer. He has to be expensive.

Call him, talk to him. He's a good guy and used to hang out here a lot.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 12/28/2011 9:15 AM, hank alrich wrote:
wrote:

On 12/27/2011 10:44 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Steve Puntolillo

I'm not sure the transfer is THAT valuable. Maybe I need to find someone who
KNOWS Steve to do the transfer. He has to be expensive.

Why speculate when you could ask him?

I sent him an email last night. Hopefully I'll hear from him soon.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 12/27/2011 11:52 PM, mcp6453 wrote:

I'm not sure the transfer is THAT valuable.

I think that's all you need to know.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

On 12/28/2011 10:04 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article ,
mcp6453 wrote:
On 12/27/2011 10:44 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Steve Puntolillo

I'm not sure the transfer is THAT valuable. Maybe I need to find someone who
KNOWS Steve to do the transfer. He has to be expensive.

Call him, talk to him. He's a good guy and used to hang out here a lot.

Steve and I just had a LONG telephone call. His is amazing. I can tell from
talking to him that if anyone has a tape from which they need a premium transfer
and cannot do it themselves, they need to call him.

http://www.sonicraft.com/

Transfer 3.75 ips tape on 7.5ips machine??? Ben - TheStudioRI.com Pro Audio 9 April 27th 07 09:46 PM
Transfer 1/4 inch tape Neil Rutman Pro Audio 4 October 29th 06 01:51 AM
tape to CD transfer gig, worth doing? peter Pro Audio 1 June 23rd 06 04:50 PM
tape transfer help godcity Pro Audio 6 March 9th 06 01:32 AM
newbie question, tape player to transfer voice recordings from tape to CD George General 1 July 27th 04 02:44 AM