Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Ralph Barone Ralph Barone is offline

Default Once upon a midnight clear...

In article ,
George M Middius wrote:

snip

© 2007, George M. Middius, Resistance North America

Is it Vogon poetry week already?
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound

"Ralph Barone" wrote in message

In article ,
George M Middius wrote:

snip

© 2007, George M. Middius, Resistance North America

Is it Vogon poetry week already?

Even though I read The Hitchhiker's Guide long ago, I forgot who the Vogon
were. So I refreshed my memory in Wikipedia and then saw the brilliance of
your comment.

"The Vogons are a fictional alien race from the planet Vogsphere in The
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams, who are
responsible for the destruction of the Earth, in order to facilitate an
intergalactic highway construction project. Vogons are slug-like but vaguely
humanoid, are bulkier than humans, and have green skin. In the motion
picture they are depicted as having greyish white skin. Vogons are described
as mindlessly bureaucratic, aggressive, having "as much sex appeal as a road
accident" and the writers of "the third worst poetry in the universe". They
are employed as the galactic government's bureaucrats"

Nice take off on the Middiot and his clique, especially the "slug like"
part.