Joey413 Joey413 is offline
Junior Member

Smile RME Fireface UFX 60-Channel

Hi guys,

New to this forum but reaching out for some feedback ...

http://www.hellomusic.com/cmp/12/12/114

Has anyone used this interface? I've heard a lot of great reviews from it. I wasn't ready to make the purchase yet, but hello music's deal on it is just to good to pass up.

I need to make a game time decision and I could use a little support!

- joey
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default RME Fireface UFX 60-Channel

On 3/19/2012 1:47 PM, Joey413 wrote:

Has anyone used this interface? I've heard a lot of great reviews from
it. I wasn't ready to make the purchase yet, but hello music's deal on
it is just to good to pass up.

I don't know how good the deal is since I didn't want to
register to find out, but if you say so . . .

RME is good stuff but don't buy too much more than you need
or not as much as you need. Just be sure you know what
you're buying. It says 60 channels, but understand how they
cound channels. It's 30 in and 30 out, 16 of which are ADAT
optical, and there are only 4 mic inputs. Headphone outputs
are counted as outputs, too.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
vdubreeze vdubreeze is offline

On Mar 19, 5:29*pm, Mike Rivers wrote:
Headphone outputs
are counted as outputs, too.

I'm used to seeing upon inspection that a huge input count consists
mostly of an assorted hodgepodge of digital formats to get the total
(with only a few mic inputs and a few line ins), but counting the
headphone in the output count is a bit much, or at least it's
definitely creating a new standard of what we usually accepted.

Did they count the power out as output too? : )
Joey413 Joey413 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Rivers View Post
On 3/19/2012 1:47 PM, Joey413 wrote:

Has anyone used this interface? I've heard a lot of great reviews from
it. I wasn't ready to make the purchase yet, but hello music's deal on
it is just to good to pass up.

I don't know how good the deal is since I didn't want to
register to find out, but if you say so . . .

RME is good stuff but don't buy too much more than you need
or not as much as you need. Just be sure you know what
you're buying. It says 60 channels, but understand how they
cound channels. It's 30 in and 30 out, 16 of which are ADAT
optical, and there are only 4 mic inputs. Headphone outputs
are counted as outputs, too.
Yeaa so I didn't pull the trigger, but they brought the deal back today ...

The deal is like 650 bucks cheaper than anywhere else online ... Hello Music is legit I have bought a few things from them and its an awesome site (like a groupon for musicians) If you are in the market for new gear i would suggest checking them out

I’ve just heard that RME has the best converters for the price range, and that you can actually do in the box recording and mixing without necessarily needing a computer. I know the input/outputs are marketed to sound like there’s more than there “really” is, but I feel like once I have this thing I’ll be set for a while on good quality pre’s, converters, and interfaces. Especially now that Pro Tools doesn’t require an Avid interface to operate
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Nate Najar Nate Najar is offline

This post looks like a shill....

Posted to rec.audio.pro
vdubreeze vdubreeze is offline

On Mar 22, 11:22*pm, Nate Najar wrote:
This post looks like a shill....

Nate, good call. Hellomusic is a cross between a bot something worse
than a bot. Just read it's user agreement and like a parody of what
an evil bot's user agreement would be, and none of the prices they
list on anything could charitably be characterized as good.

It's not a music sales vehicle, it's a data sucker.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
vdubreeze vdubreeze is offline

Default Hellomusic user agreement

Hahaha. There are some very funny things in their user agreement.

-- By using the Site, you further agree that Hello Music may change,
alter, or modify the settings or configurations on your Internet
Device (defined below) in order to allow for or optimize your use of
the Site.

(snip)

---(vi) Enforcement. Hello Music has no obligation to monitor or
enforce your intellectual property rights to your User-Generated
Content, but you grant us the right to protect and enforce our rights
to your User-Generated Content, including by bringing and controlling
actions in your name and on your behalf (at Hello Music's cost and
expense, to which you hereby consent and irrevocably appoint Hello
Music as your attorney-in-fact, with the power of substitution and
delegation, which appointment is coupled with an interest).

(snip)

7. Customer Service. You may contact Hello Music Customer Support by
sending an e-mail to or calling our toll-free
number at (800) 240-0050. You acknowledge that the provision of
customer support is at Hello Music's sole discretion, and that we have
no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind. We may
provide you with customer support from time to time, at our sole
discretion

(snip)

8. To best support artists, Hello Music may NOT be an authorized
dealer of products it sells and the respective manufacturer(s) may not
endorse this Site. The manufacturer's warranty might be voided or
otherwise not honored as result of our resale to you. No need to be
concerned, we do however offer our own Limited Warranty, as discussed
below.

(snip)

A. Because we may not be an authorized dealer of some products we
sell, manufacturers' warranties for those products we sell may be void
or otherwise not honored. (Here they claim to substitute their own
warranty, but how they're going to fix a 6 month old broken unit when
they can't get authorized parts or schematics as an authorized repair
center is beyond me

Add that to this being OP's only ever post and I'll bet my Stedman
Nate's right.

RME ADI 2 vs Fireface? bhuether Pro Audio 0 September 22nd 07 07:12 PM
RME Fireface 400 and Mac Ken Winokur Pro Audio 4 May 2nd 07 09:48 AM
RME Fireface 400 Harry Lavo Pro Audio 2 June 18th 06 04:57 AM
Fireface 8-channel optical ADAT to 8 individual optical SPDIFs? Daniel Fuchs Pro Audio 0 January 22nd 05 03:32 PM
RME Fireface Dwayne Reed Pro Audio 0 November 6th 04 02:29 AM