Mr. D.

Default Which 6x9s provide the deepest bass?

What brands of 6x9 speakers provide bass deep enough that I wouldn't
have to add a subwoofer? I don't want window rattling bass, just good
clean, tight, accurate sounding bass. I'm in the process of replacing
my entire system from the ground up, and I really don't want to add
any subs at all. I would just like some suggestions of brands and
models of 6x9s that offer deep bass if possible. Price is no object!
geolemon

Mr. D. Wrote:
What brands of 6x9 speakers provide bass deep enough that I wouldn't
have to add a subwoofer? I don't want window rattling bass, just good
clean, tight, accurate sounding bass. I'm in the process of replacing
my entire system from the ground up, and I really don't want to add
any subs at all. I would just like some suggestions of brands and
models of 6x9s that offer deep bass if possible. Price is no object!

Typically, regardless of price tag, I find most 6x9's overpriced and
something that most audiophiles would scoff at... not a function of
their cone shape, but rather the drivers used... and the fact that they
are intended for full-range use, often slapping a midrange driver that
is confused as to its purpose in life with multiple tweeters suspended
above it... just some real oddities out there, and with price tags that
leave you wondering what suckers are buying them.

You might check out this speaker from Tang Band, it is a purpose-built
6x9 subwoofer, that should suit your needs well.
http://www.acoustic-technologies.ca/products.html#5-8
Scroll to the W69-1042-
http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/w69-1042.asp
Price is $38 each.
You'll note that it has 7mm of excursion, and an 8 ohm impedance. The
8 ohm impedance is nice, because you can wire two of them together to
present a small amp with a 4 ohm mono load - you only need about
150w-200w of bridged power to drive these.

--
geolemon

geolemon's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=10343
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=199200

Tony Fernandes

I listened to some JL Audio 6x9 coaxials that had tons of bass and sounded
really good in general. I'm too lazy to look them up at the moment, but I
want to say their XR sereis? With the aluminum dome tweeters?

Tony

--
Sony CDX C90 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and ZX500 Amplifiers,
Phoenix Gold EQ-232 30-Band EQ, Dynaudio System 360 Tri-Amped In Front and
"Mr. D." wrote in message
om...
What brands of 6x9 speakers provide bass deep enough that I wouldn't
have to add a subwoofer? I don't want window rattling bass, just good
clean, tight, accurate sounding bass. I'm in the process of replacing
my entire system from the ground up, and I really don't want to add
any subs at all. I would just like some suggestions of brands and
models of 6x9s that offer deep bass if possible. Price is no object!

vox

"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message ...
I listened to some JL Audio 6x9 coaxials that had tons of bass and sounded
really good in general. I'm too lazy to look them up at the moment, but I
want to say their XR sereis? With the aluminum dome tweeters?

There are two brands I am considering: Infinity (Kappas) and the
Pioneer REV-series. Out of those two, which offer better bass? I
listened to the Pioneers, they sounded very good, even better than my
Boston Acoustics! No stores around here have the Infinity Kappas I am
looking for, so I don't know how they sound.