-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Default Audiobahn AW1205Q 12" Ultra Excursion Subwoofer

I can get a good deal on these (Audiobahn AW1205Q 12" Ultra Excursion
Subwoofer) but the cheaper AW1200Q 12" are half price. The main differences
are the freq response (the 1205Qs go to 700 as the 1200Qs only to 500. The
sensitivity is 0.2dB higher in the 1205Qs. (at what frequency though?) I am
trying to decide what is the better buy. The performance and styling are so
similar it doesnt make sense why one is double the price of the other. I
have never had anything Audiobahn but im trying to find the best deal and
best performance possible. I am pretty much a street bass guy (loud and
obnoxious) But SQ is important for the DVD Video setup I want. The AW1205Qs
are about the same. I know the Kickers i mentioned in another post are not
good for SQ. The Audiobahns seem to be what I have been after (good mix of
SPL and SQ). If anyone can tell me if they have first hand experience with
Audiobahn subs. What amp would be a good choice for these. There are the
Boss and Crunch (2 channel) also that will do around 1000 per channel at 2
Ohms i think that they would do ok with these subs. I cant afford more than
about $800 for the entire system (2 12"s a 2 or mono channel amp, and
enclosure/materials). So far the Audiobahns fit the bill best as far as
performance per dollar is concerned.

EFFENDI

P.S. Have you seen the new Audiobahn headunits. nice looking but way too
expensive

Sanitarium

Try and get the TS parameters, download winISD and get a feel for the
enclosure volumes / types they need. Perhaps they are optimized for
different enclosure designs.
I dont have first hand experience with these.

Do a search on the www.tempro.com forum. Lotsa bahn sub users lurking
there

IMHO Some good sub amps / lines for the $$$:
JBL1200.1
Lanzar Opti-drive
Hifonics BX1500D
I'm waiting for someone to review the BOSS PD series amps

Garrett

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:

[...]

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

The Boss PowerDrive was one of the considerations I had for amplifier. Let
me know if you hear anything about them. The HiFonics is probably the next
consideration for the package.

EFFENDI