-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Default Soundstorm Amplifiers

I didnt think anyone would respond. In the market for new amps. What do you
think of the Boss K980 in comparison with the Soundstorm Stretch Daddy
D350.4/ Vanquish V300.4? They are in the same price range. The Boss is 220W
RMS per channel. (but realistically???) I like Boss' styling. the
Soundstorms are nice too. price-perfomance wise what would you reccomend (or
anyone else?)

EFFENDI

"eidsvikDM" wrote in message
om...
hey, hope it's not to late. Yes I have been very impressed with the
soundstorm amplifiers. I have 1st and 2nd hand knowledge of anything
below the Force Series. I have owned (until stolen) the force f400.4
1600watts max. Very impressed with it's ability. I run 2 900 subs 2
400w 6x9's Audiobahn. More power than was necessary. The crossovers
work beautifully. And tuning it is very simple. Feels like durable
goods right out of the box. Until their new vanquish series they have
been devoid of all the foo foo on their outward appearance. Which
isn't important to me. My friend who helped me into this Stereo mess
has built 7 competition systems complete for friends and he sat in my
car and listened after I installed and was amazed at the relentless
amount of power and clarity the soundstorm offered. I believe that
Soundstorm is underrated in the marketplace currently and its just a
matter of time before they come into the recognition they deserve. I
ran into your post cuz Im currently shopping for another Soundstorm.

eidsvikDM

Man...you and I are in the same boat. I have an amp rack now that I
built for my car. 90 Accord. The AMp will be exposed vertically now
when my seat is down. Which will be most of the time when my family
isn't with me. So styling just stepped a notch in importance. I
havn't purchased the new amp or amps yet. SO I'm still looking all
around and the Boss series....dont remember their name but the one
with the yellow bars running across. Has some features like the
backlit VU meters and phase shift control that the Soundstorms don't.
But I'm sitting on the fence. With my research I've found that the
boss amplifiers are a real good value for the buck. But that Stretch
Daddy is calling me. I found a real good price from a reputable
dealer (link below) for the SS StretchD 500.4 that I may go with. SO
for now it's been 5 days of staying up way to late researching this
crap and Im down to the Sdaddy 500.4 and the Boss Rip 995 both are
solid in my mind and both are about 175 bucks. So anyhow back to my
original point I am a believer in SoundStorm amplifiers. But I do not
have the money to make a mistake. I'll msg ya on Friday and let ya
know what I bought and why. Dammit I hate this.

"eidsvikDM" wrote in message
[...]

eidsvikDM

Sorry I didnt get back to ya earlier. I have been completely obssesed
with building a fiberglass enclosure for my 2 12's. I stumbled
ontofiberglass sub boxes and could not resist. Stylin Stylin Stylin.
Just got the first coat of resin on. After 1.5 days of building the
frame. Took forever. Hope to start fiberglassing tomorrow after
work. Oh, I live near Seattle. Due to the box being more expensive
than I thought it took my budget down a little so I started looking at
other amplifiers and ended up making a completely different purchase
than I was expecting. 2 different amps

Amp #1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ategory=49 50

Amp #2 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=18 796

Line Driver http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tegory=14 931

I'm ditching my last amp rack that held my amp vertically and going
with a shelf due to the fact that these are rack style amplifiers.
When my seat goes down in the back you'll see an amp on either side of
the line driver, all in one thin line, flush with the top edge of the
backseat trunk opening (seat down)It'll look pretty sweet at night.
Amp power lights on and the back lit vu meters in the middle,
bouncing! I have this neon license plate frame. (neon outside your
car is gay) that I got sent from an ebay guy that messed up. Gonna
mount that so it cant be seen on the bottom of the amp shelf and it
will illuminate my 2 12's that will be viewable directly under the
shelf. Pretty stoked bout it all working out. Don't have my car
pimped out or nothing (not that I wouldnt want to) but I am married
and have 2 kids. So even though I am going the family way doesn't
mean I cant have a crammin ****in system right?

When the budget crunched me I went with Lanzar Audio because of their
long standing reputation, rack style amp design and price. I know it
doesn't help your situation but if budget were a bit bigger I would
have gone with the Boss Ripper Series. The more I read the more I
wanted to give em a try.

Peace

Profile Amplifiers eidsvikDM Car Audio 2 July 28th 03 05:43 PM
Calibra Amplifiers JohanWagener Car Audio 7 July 12th 03 06:35 AM